Add money from State issued EBT card

KristinePG
Contributor
Contributor
I receive a monthly payment from my state and they put it in an account that I have the EBT (electronic benefit transfer card) but it's set up like a credit card only I choose the cash when using it at a store (this is instead of the "food stamps" deposit) and I'm trying to transfer the funds from the that card into my PayPal account or on to my PayPal debit card but whenever I try it keeps asking me to link the bank associated with the card and I don't know that information...is there a way to do it like a cash advance (it won't charge the fee) from a credit card that I don't know what bank is involved? I did it once in November and took a screenshot of the steps but a factory reset cleared everything out and now I'm stuck, lol. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!! KPG
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Its not possible to transfer your government cash benefits from your EBT card into your PayPal account with your EBT card. 

It is possible to have your government benefits deposited into your PayPal account with PayPal Direct Deposit.

There are several PayPal debit cards, which specific one do you have? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.