I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SMM40
New Community Member

It does not give me the option to generate a bar code on my PayPal Business account. When I click on add money it only gives me the choice to transfer money from a bank account. Can you not use PayPal Cash on a business account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone!

I understand the issues with PayPal Cash are frustrating, and we appreciate your feedback regarding this. We are aware that there is currently an issue with PayPal Cash as far as generating a code online as well as completing the process at the store. This is an issue we're looking into and actively working on fixing. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, as I'm sure it's had an impact on many people. As soon as we have an update regarding this being fixed, we'll let you know here. Thanks for your patience while we work things out!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

HeavyPanda84
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone. So about an hour ago, I was trying to add money to my PayPal account by using the "Pay at Store" option but every time I tried to use it, it kept encountering a problem and would tell me to refresh and try again. I did this a few times and I kept getting the "encountered an error. please try again." Is anyone else having this problem as well? Maybe there is something going on that I'm not aware of? If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. 

Login to Me Too

ericgdawson
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke with Paypal Customer Service and they said this is a known issue that their technical team is aware of and working on.  They said to try it again anywhere from 24-72 hours.

Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

They told me the same thing, It is now over a month since the so call solution was posted and it is still not working. No way to communicate with them directly just email with promises to fix it, Or detailed explaination on how to do it, which all fail as always.

Login to Me Too

PEARSONPHOTO
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this problem for WEEKS now. 

PayPal CASH worked one time for me, then never again.  

Would love for this to be resolved. Did anyone find ANY way to overcome the error? I reinstalled the app, didn't work. I reviewed all of my profile settings/information and nothing has been left out. So that isn't it. 

I googled this issue and didn't find much. 

Login to Me Too

clove117
I can't believe I'm reading all this and the issue has been going on for over 1 year. I recently talked to customer service and was 1st told they disabled the add cash in store barcode link for PayPal business accounts but its still available for personal ones. He stated that this was a recent update put out on November 14, 2018. I needed to add cash to my card recently (as I have done through the app several times) but it gave me and error saying it was unavailable for my account at this time. This is unacceptable. I had to tell the customer service rep about this dialogue that's been online for over a year with still no solutions or answers. I also tried using it through my mobile internet, on there the option to add cash at a store doesn't even exist at all. The rep did give me one solution I'm going to try. He said set up a new PayPal account with a different email as a personal account. Since supposedly the add cash option in store still works that way, he suggested add the cash that way and then transfer that money to my PayPal business account. Seems like a lot of extra work, but I'm gonna give it a try, then report back if it works or not.
Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

It is hilarious that this is marked solved. It is not solved and still not working for many people, works for some according to Paypal. It has been months and all Paypal will say is they are AWARE of the problem and are WORKING on it. I contact them monthly and get the same lame reply. I even spoke to a Paypal engineer who at first claimed it was my account, then my app, then my phone. after all atemps to blame me failed, he admitted it was their problem and they were WORKING on it. The local approved stores, at least my area, tell me it has not worked for anyone in many many months. Solved RIGHT.

Login to Me Too

lilyblock
A customer service rep told me today, that first: they are updating the software for that option, then secondly: they are getting rid of that option and are now instituting reloadable cards. Which is it? She couldn't come up with an answer.
Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

I find it very telling that no one from Papal will post or offer a solution on this. I got an email last week or so that said they were still working on it. That is crap I have had this problem for nearly a year now. They could have rewritten the whole web site by now.

Login to Me Too

Papahoodoo
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same BS answer from Paypal oh just give it 24-72 hours 3 weeks later. Same song and dance. I bet Greendot dropped them from the cash at register program.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.