Accepting Tips - PayPal Here Chip Card Reader

aculpon
New Community Member

Is there a way to make the application on my phone display the tip option as opposed to the card reader?  Unfortunately, I don't want to have to ask my client if they want to give me a tip, I want them to make that decision.  The old slider did it on the phone and my client was able to select a tip option on my phone without my prompting.  Now I have to ask, "would you like to leave a tip?", and then hand them the card reader for them to add a tip, that doesn't work for me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

allbusiness101
New Community Member

Help!  I agree!  I think it's really poor form to ask customers (for my service business) if they want to leave a tip.  Ideally there would be an additional step asking what tip they want to leave... BEFORE entering their pin or before signing the phone.  If this step is not there... I will have to find some type of transaction processing provider that provides this service.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could use a service such as Clover Go which is part of FirstData.  It would be merchant account and you would then have the options you want.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.