unable to log into PayPal mobile

Dr_Mom
Contributor
Contributor

As of yesterday afternoon I am not able to log into the mobile version of PayPal using either an iPad or an Android device.

My account is fine, no unusual activity and I can use a browser based login without any problems but using the app (and is irrelevant if I use the phone number or email identifier) I get a "system error, please try again" type of error message.

That this is cross platform is telling me it's unlikely to be an app error but rather something on the PayPal side. I've submitted a support ticket but the only response I've gotten so far is "Have you checked these links".

Is anyone else seeing this?

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Dr_Mom
Contributor
Contributor
The comment that removal of two factor identification does not impact security is wrong. If PayPal would bother to check with any security expert anywhere they would realize that the removal of second factor identification significantly degrades the security of the system. It is in no way nor form acceptable to downgrade the security of any service which has access to banking information.
Login to Me Too

Stuntmanmike
New Community Member

Ashleyp, Your answer to this serious issue with logging into the mobile App- is typical Corporate Bull Shut!!!!!!!Man Mad

Login to Me Too

Dr_Mom
Contributor
Contributor
As of this morning I can't use my cell phone number and security key to log into PayPal from the web based app getting an error message that the phone number and pin don't match and that my session has timed out (what session, if I can't log in I can't start a session). Since the system has to send me a OTP to my phone and I get that I know the phone number hasn't been changed in the system and I verified that by checking my settings. I've also reset the mobile PIN via the website but that hasn't fixed the issue. Again, this is cross platform (android/iOS) and since I no longer have the football to generate a one time security key (the web based/mobile version doesn't give you the option of sending an SMS) paypal has become almost useless to me. First you had the issue with the standalone app and now this.
Login to Me Too

sunrisesoaps
New Community Member

Is there any kind of time frame on when this issue will be fixed? I have not been able to login to my PayPal mobile app using my phone number and pin for nearly two months! I keep seeing that you are 'working on it' but really I think it's getting a little ridiculous now. I use a security key to login when I am at home, and set up the phone number/pin for the mobile app so I would not have to drag the security key around with me everywhere. I appreciate that you have to make sure everything is secure for our safety and yours, but if an issue can't be fixed within this length of time, I have to wonder..... who do you have working for you? Cat Frustrated very frustrating as I do a lot of my business (invoice, get paid, send money, etc.)

Login to Me Too

onkew126
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and I agree 100% feel the same way.

This is totally unacceptable and the posts about not being to log on using your phone number and pin continues to grow.

IS ANYBODY DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS????

I'm starting to believe were just getting lip service that it's being worked on.

Why don't they roll back to the older version of the app which worked fine???

Since the upgrade to 5.5 unable to log on.

Hope the guru's are reading these posts and perhaps finding a fix already.

Login to Me Too

Pepé
Contributor
Contributor

It's now August 26th.  What's up with the mobile login?  You really should keep us informed daily!

Login to Me Too

Pepé
Contributor
Contributor

Well, Paypal...what' going on.  I still cannot log into my account with mobile.  Neither the email/password or phone number/password option works.  

Login to Me Too

noix
Contributor
Contributor

Ok PayPal Ashley (or whomever is moderating these messages since its been nearly a month)

Its now a month since the original post and that post was complaining it was a month prior.  No updates.  Nothing.  Is there any status on this issue?  I just started my journey with this problem and am very disturbed to see that PayPal is apparently still asking customers to disable two-step authentication as a solution to the problem. 

Look, two-step authentication is no fun.  Its a bit of a hassle just using it to begin with.  That we've all decided the security was worth the extra inconvenience should tell you that we're pretty serious about security.  Asking people who have made that decision to go back on it and remove security is not a solution.   Its not even a viable workaround for more than a couple of days...but months??  You are seriously underestimating the problem.

When you're talking about people's livelihoods, people get pretty serious.  Its obvious that this is a serious issue to your committed customers (people who would choose the added frustration of two-step authentication) who are simply asking for status updates.  Doesn't seem like much to ask when what you're asking of us is to put our personal identification security at risk.

Status updates please.  Thank you.

R. White

Login to Me Too

cjfunny1
New Community Member

Whatever the problem is, it is also affecting my ability to log into PayPal through other apps, in particular with the Starbucks app. I have always logged in with my mobile number and PIN, and for the past two months I have not been able to log in at all. I get an error message that my moble number and PIN do not match, but I've changed my PIN and confirmed that my phone number is correct, but to no avail. I even called and they told me that the problem was with the other app. Apparently that was a lie! I thought maybe installing the actual PayPal app would help, but I'm glad I checked here because from the sounds of it, that won't help either. Too bad PayPal doesn't seem to be taking our security very seriously, especially in light of all the security breaches that have been going on lately.

Login to Me Too

raypnc
New Community Member

I have been unable to use the paypay mobile app after installation and login in.  I get an error message that says: General exception error.  I have no clue as to what that means or how to fix this.  I cannot add paypal as a funding source in my Google wallet as well.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.