unable to log into PayPal mobile

Dr_Mom
Contributor
Contributor

As of yesterday afternoon I am not able to log into the mobile version of PayPal using either an iPad or an Android device.

My account is fine, no unusual activity and I can use a browser based login without any problems but using the app (and is irrelevant if I use the phone number or email identifier) I get a "system error, please try again" type of error message.

That this is cross platform is telling me it's unlikely to be an app error but rather something on the PayPal side. I've submitted a support ticket but the only response I've gotten so far is "Have you checked these links".

Is anyone else seeing this?

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

zen231

Having the same issue on my iphone as of yesterday afternoon. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling, still get the same error message as you with either email of phone and pin. Web version is ok. must be something on their end.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Dr_Mom,

If you are currently using the mobile security key, you will need to temporarily disable it and then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hopefully this helps! Smiley Wink

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

zen231

Thanks Ashley that worked. but if you logoff your paypal mobile and try to log back in, gives you the same error. 

andy advice ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi zen231,

Did you re-enable the mobile security key prior to logging off? If so, you may want to keep it temporarily disabled for now - until the underlying issue has been resolved.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

zen231

Yes i re-enabled the key and everything was fine up until i logged off. I had to go back and deactivate the key, log back in and the re-activate the key. I havent logged off the app just yet, just closed it. so far everytime i open it it comes right up usually it asks me to login each time i launch the app. So I just completely cold booted my iphone5s and it launch the mobile app although it works , it doesn't ask me to login in it just launches. Just to note, I don't have this issue with paypal here.

Login to Me Too

onkew126
Contributor
Contributor

Well I've tried everything disabeling the token and uninstalling the iphone app and re installing it.

Still no good.

Is anybody at PayPal reading these posts or paying attention that so many post all are having the same issue with their app.

It worked perfectly before the app upgrade so would hope PAYPAL does something about this problem.

Thanks for nothing so far! It's been weeks now without being corrected.

Login to Me Too

onkew126
Contributor
Contributor

THis is terrible, in that I updated the paypal mobile app for both the iPhone and iPad. Since then I'm unable to log in using my phone and pin number. Logging in on the web works fine from my home computer but the mobile app will not accept my phone number and pin. It always worked before!

I've even removedthe app and reintalled the latest version 5.5 but it still doesn't work.

The msg I get it that this version app doesn't support the security code token and not to worry it will be fixed ? WHEN

Please advise

Login to Me Too

cupojava1
Contributor
Contributor

Where do I find my "Mobile Security Key"? How do I disable it?

Login to Me Too

MknMeBlush
New Community Member

Where will I find the security thing I need to disable to reinstall?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.