mobile using SMS

Jim6058
Contributor
Contributor

I registered my phone w/ PP and tried to get balance just to test the app. After several tries I just gave up. All I got in return was instructions on how to do what I just did. Sending "bal" to 729725 does not work.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jim6058 -

Do you have a signature on your text messages?  If so, try turning them off.  If more information is included than just the "bal" for example, it will kick back the instructions you're describing.

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jim6058 -

Welcome to the Community!

Have you been able to receive the balance yet?  If not, can you please provide the community a copy of the error message you're receiving back after texting?

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Jim6058
Contributor
Contributor

I still get the bolerplate:

PayPal: Text BAL: get balance. SEND: send money. GET: request money. VOID: cancel last pymt. Reply STOP to cancel. 1/2

Mar 611:41 am

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jim6058 -

I was able to duplicate this response by texting "ALL" to the same number.  One of the things I had a problem with when I texted "BAL" was that my phone tried to auto-correct it to "ALL."  Auto-correct is a great feature on smartphones (and it sure does lead to some humorous jokes on the internet!), but have you checked to make sure it's sending the correct function?  Do the other ones work for you?

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Jim6058
Contributor
Contributor

No. No smart phone, no auto-correct. LG-vx9100 by Verizon. 

When I tried to send $2.00 to my son's phone, I receivedc directions to log in with a URL. This sort of defeats the purpose for me, as I can send from my computer any time. Using the (paid) web on the phone is not for me.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jim6058 -

Do you have a signature on your text messages?  If so, try turning them off.  If more information is included than just the "bal" for example, it will kick back the instructions you're describing.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Jim6058
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,

That was it!!

I turned off the signature and it worked as advertised. Thanks

Jim

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jim6058 -

Huzzah!  Glad to hear it.  I love my signatures too, but they get in the way sometimes Smiley Sad

Happy texting!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.