Why is PayPalCredit set up this way?!

elem
New Community Member

(Just realized I should have posted in this Products section instead of under Payments and couldn't figure out how to move my post.  Please remove the one in Payments if that's a less relevant subforum for these questions.  Thanks very much.)

Why doesn't PayPalCredit alert you instantly on a shopping site if your purchase through your PayPalCredit line is declined?  

If that is the only way you are expected to "apply" for an increased credit line with PayPalCredit, it's beyond irritating that the purchase is then funded through other PayPal funding -- without giving you an option to discontinue the purchase -- or select a different funding option YOURSELF from among the funding sources listed in your own PayPal account.

As an example, I just tried to make a purchase via PayPalCredit that would have required a limit increase, but instead of alerting me to a declined PayPalCredit increase, the purchase was put through automatically using my backup funding source.  But I wasn't wanting to purchase that item unless it was using my PPC line.  It's frustrating that I can't cancel the order, now, because it was preapproved, and I was not alerted at any point during the purchase that it was not PayPalCredit that was being used but, rather, my backup funding source.  So, thinking the PayPalCredit line was indeed increased, the order is now placed using funding that may create financial issues for me, when all I was trying to do was increase my PayPalCredit line according to the policies for increases.

Why is this the way PayPalCredit works?  

It seems ridiculous not to alert you instantly that a PayPalCredit increase has been declined so that you can choose whether to proceed with your order and what form of payment on file in your PayPal account you would like to use...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is the type of question that should be presented to PayPal Credit customer service.  No one on this forum would know the answer to PayPal Credit policies.  Suggest you call PayPay Credit and ask; that way their developers will know customers are looking for improvements.

Login to Me Too

armykellys
Contributor
Contributor
CBA FTC
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.