What do I need to have a paypal debit card sent?

shadow1921
New Community Member

I had my mother open up this paypal account and it's a little confusing as to what she needs to do in order to have a paypal debit card sent to her. I signed up for paypal years ago and have a paypal debit card but I don't remember what is required. I am under the impression that you can use either a credit card OR a bank account to provide what is needed. The account is over 60 days old I believe. And I believe the account is 'premium'. 

What I'm trying to do is get a card sent to my mother so she can use this any time funds are put into her account. And my plan is to buy moneypaks to provide funds to her account. I live pretty far from her and this seems like a convenient way to send money to her. She does not have a credit card, but I know she has a savings account at her bank. My impression is that she can't use this money I put into her account unless she has the paypal debit card (she doesn't get online to buy things). 

I would also like to know if there are easier ways of sending money, or other ways, besides adding moneypaks to her account. 

So I need to:

Get a paypal debit card sent to her (what is required for that)

Find easy and multiple ways to send her money (moneypaks, email?) If email is an option, how does it work? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi shadow1921, welcome to the community!

It's good to see you're looking for ways to help out your mother, so let's get this figured out.

If you click here you'll be taken to the PayPal Debit Card application page. It's pretty painless to apply and as long as there's a physical address to send the card to there shouldn't be too many issues.

One word of caution; I would refrain from adding MoneyPaks to her account so she can withdraw them via debit card.  That kind of activity can lead to...difficulties...and a bigger headache than it's worth.  Your best option would be to send her the money from the bank account/credit card on your PayPal account, and from there she could withdraw it.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.