Transfer to debit card

MSUMorris
New Community Member

Hi! I am in a bit of a pickle here. I just had to spend $1500 on an emergency vet bill for my dog. This pretty much cleaned out my checking account for the next week and a half until I get paid again. My ex wants to split the bill with me..... I told her she said send me money via PayPal. I had to link my new bank account and this takes a few days to do. In the meantime I added my Debit card that is associated with that bank account.

Is it possible to send money that is sent to my paypal account to the debit card? I have other bills that are due that I would like to take care of? Do all transfers from paypal to bank institutions all take 2-3 business days? Anyone have any faster ways to get money into accounts?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Debit cards don't hold funds; they only use funds in the associated account.  This means that your bank debit card would use/take available funds from the bank account.  You would need to transfer any PayPal funds ot your bank accout before they could be used by the debit card.  This will take a few days after you even receive funds into your PayPal account.

You could try a money trasnferfer service like Western Union or whatever might be available in your local Wal-Mart; there will be a significant fee when you need it urgently.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you are in USA,transferring fund from your Paypal account to your bank would take 3-4 days.

You can ask  your ex like the other suggested,send you the money via Western Union.  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why cant your wife do online banking from her bank to your bank,skip Paypal .

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

or you can give her some of your bills and ask her to pay ?

like make a copy of your bill,have her write a check and mail the copy and the check to the vendor,make sure your account number with the vendor is on her check

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.