Smart Connect/Bill Me Later Can't Pay!

pewpewlasers
Contributor
Contributor

I spent an hour on the phone being transferred back and forth from Smart Connect and PayPal because one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

I can't pay my Smart Connect bill directly from PayPal apparently, even though it says Smart Connect. I can't even view my statements! When I click "view statement" from the Smart Connect link or when it comes to my email, it will take me to the Bill Me Later website. Mind you, the Bill Me Later statement is a completely different statement and website, it also has a different payment amount, which I unfortunately just figured out this month. 

I will still have payments even though I make payments a week early, which makes absolutely no sense. 

The representative on the phone first said Smart Connect had a website where I can view my statements, which she later retracted. 

I am about to make a consumer complaint because this is becoming such a burden to find out anything about where to pay, how much and if my money is even getting there. 

I see I am not the only one. 

PayPal needs to ditch Smart Connect and help their loyal customers get back on track from the destruction this ridiculous "service" has caused"

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ashley

Hi pewpewlasers,

Do you have both a Smart Connect account and a Bill Me Later (now known as PayPal Credit) account? If so, are they both linked to your PayPal account?

The reason I ask is because PayPal accounts are only designed to have one PayPal credit product on file at a time. I've heard of issues such as what you're experiencing happening when both products are linked.

If this is the case, you'd need to reach out to customer service for assistance with resolving this issue.

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

mlucio
Contributor
Contributor

I also cannot pay my smart connect the new and improved paypal has taken that ability away. I do not have a bill me later so this does not help me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @mlucio,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with making a payment. I made some instructions that may be helpful here.

Let us know if you have more questions!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

pewpewlasers
Contributor
Contributor

I have both, yes. At this point no payments have been applied to my Smart Connect account and I can't pay it from PayPal! I'm being charged late fees and I can see the bill getting higher and higher, but whenever I try to pay, I am sent to pay my PayPal credit instead.

No one has been able to help or seems to even know what I am talking about. Every phone conversation I have had trying to straighten it out I am told it is user error, I'm not going to the correct link, etc. SERIOUSLY?!

I am fed up and ready to file a complaint with the CFPB.

Login to Me Too

MissZona
New Community Member
I have given Smart Connect my info 2 times correctly...They keep charging me late fees trying to say that the check has return from my checking account yeah right i dont even get checks from my bank never have ...I always gave smart connect my route n account number for ach ...and they keep telling me approved and processed ..Please some help me find out how to go about this they keep charging me late fees etc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.