Product and Services/ student account

Sasha111986
New Community Member

Is there such a thing as a student account with paypal???? i'm trying to do one for my child but can't find the product and services button anywhere on paypal, i log into my account and still can't find it......... can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone,

We're really sorry about all of the confusion with how to go about creating a student account. 😞 We are currently working to update student accounts into the New Experience.

In the meantime, a parent can create a new student account by logging into their own account, and going to or copying and pasting the following link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth. This will set up the student account in the Classic experience.

The parent must be logged into PayPal for the link to work.

We understand that this process hasn't been the best of experiences and we apologize for any frustrations. We hope to have the product built into our New Experience soon! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

pcross
Contributor
Contributor

I"m stuck with this too. I even got instructions from Paypal support emailed to me but there is no Products and Services link or button 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Sasha111986 and @pcros,

Welcome to the community!  Thanks for your participation and great question. 🙂

We do offer student accounts for accounts in the US.  We have more information about this feature here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/student 

Please log into your account and use this link to see the instructions for creating a student account: 

I have also included the instructions below: How do I create a Student account?

A parent account holder can open a Student account for users age 13 and older. Here's how:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
  2. Click Buy and select More Ways to use us.
  3. Click Student Account under "More Innovations."
  4. Click Open a student account.
  5. Click I'm a Parent.
  6. Log in to your PayPal account..
  7. Enter your child’s information, and then click Agree and Continue.

Once the Student account is created, the parent account is linked to the Student account.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

pcross
Contributor
Contributor

Frank

Thanks for the reply, but I've been round and round on this with various people including Paypal support and I kep getting the answer which does not work and no one was tested. The UI has changed, and nowhere on the new UI is there a buy button. WHen you do click on the URl you sent me for Student account informaiton and try to join it only allows the opening of a regular account, not a student account.

Frankyl I gave up and set my son up with an online payment account with his bank and we'll do things that way.

I do appreciate the help, but no one seems to know what's going on here so I went somewhere else

Paul

Login to Me Too

Mom2Schaps
Contributor
Contributor

Frank, have you actually tried this?  Your instructions are wrong.  Please try it and get back to us.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

harrells5
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to create a student account as well.  Am I missing something?  I, too, have been all over the site but have been unsuccessful in finding anything close to the instructions left here on the forum.  I enjoy using PayPal and thought this would be perfecct for my son who travels.  Is there any new information on creating a student acccount???  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Frank, have you tried your instructions?

They don't work.  They don't fit any on-screen instructions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone,

Apologies for any confusion.  Try these links instead if you're wanting to create a student account:

• Student Initiated: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_request-register-youth
• Parent Initiated (new parent creating PP and student account): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_minimal-signup
• Parent Initiated (logged in parent): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/youth/InsideMicrosite

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

sandi_b
New Community Member

Like everyone else here, I've been trying to set up a student account for my son. All the instructions have been incorrect and I need help resolving my issue. The links provided are for students creating a new account, parents creating a new account and new student account, and a link for parents to log on. I NEED HELP!!! I already have an account. My son already set up an account. I NEED HELP LINKING THE TWO! There is no help online or in the community forum, or over the phone. CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING??? I'M BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!!

Login to Me Too

antoniusb
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone. At least there is hope for you. I had my dreams of creating a student account for my stepdaughter shattered by stupidly believing that the folks at PayPal would not lead me astray and, against my better judgement, beckoned the call of the PayPal sirens asking me to join. I did that thinking that at some point I would have the account linked to my account,, After all, I did click on the link that said "create another account" right under my stepsons student account created many months ago. I later saw that the woman I spoke with, but had to hang up on after a long wait on hold, had messaged me the Super Secret Student Account Instructions. All for naught I'm afraid. For when, I went down the account creation road I would soon learn that the student account would never be. I will probably be given a silly suggestion like "start over with a new email address" as if one would find no inconvenience in maintaining a second email address just to keep track of PayPal doings. If Elon Musk knew what these people have done to his creation he would be brought to tears. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.