Paypal not transferring all the money

StormyGenius
New Community Member

I recently started running errands for a neighbor who insisted I make a paypal account to make it easier for her to pay me. I made one, connected my bank account, and have been using it fine for a few weeks (able to transfer the money to my bank easily). I use the mobile paypal app to do pretty much everything. Yesterday, she sent me money to pay for something she needed ship ($24.75). When I used the mobile app to try and transfer it, it only transferred $24.00, leaving $0.75 in my account. I thought it was a flub so I tried to transfer just the $0.75, paypal doesn't let you transfer less than $1.00. Okay whatever, I deal with it and transfer it with the next payment. Today, she sent me $30.00 for dog sitting. Naturally I tried to transfer $30.75 ($30.00 plus the $0.75 still in the account). It only transferred $30.00. Does Paypal only transfer whole dollars or something? Because this is **bleep** me off and the $0.75 is bugging me because I can't stand seeing partial dollars in certain accounts (I really go out of my way to keep my saving at whole numbers). How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we are not the same as customer support.  Suggest that you contact them direct with your concerns as they can review your account transaction details.  You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

JTTXEuless
New Community Member

The Android mobile app is doing the same exact thing to me!  Several transactions now are leaving off the change. I transferred $9.75 today and it only went in as $9.00 leaving 75 cents in my account. I'm certain I typed in the correct amount, as this has happened several times to me now. I'm emailing customer support too.

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

Why not apply for one of these FREE cards and have access to the funds INSTANTLY?

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

Apologies for the frustration and confusion. This whole rounding thing is a known issue with the app right now. Our engineers are looking into this and hopefully there will be a solution soon. 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.