Paypal MyCash Card False Advertising

phaze3131
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account and just bought 2 paypal mycash cards for $500 each.  I come home and try to load my account but it says it cannot verify my ID.

After calling paypal 3 times and finally getting someone who had more inteligence than a small rodent, I got transfered to another division which just had automated service which I waited till the automated voice got tired of repeating the menu till I got a real live rep.

They informed me that business accounts cannot be funded with the mycash cards.  I informed her no where on the card does it say that.

My question is why does paypal false advertise these cards if they cannot be used by paypal business customers?

And I don't need to hear about how this is not paypal, because obviously it is paypal endorsing this product with their specific link paypal.com/cash forwarding to this 3rd party website, so lets skip that nonsense that holds no water.

So what's going on and how will I be reimbursed for my trouble.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I see no where on the PayPal Cash site that says it works with a business account.  Where do you see this? 

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

phaze3131
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, that's my point.  Nowhere on the card does it say it will only work with personal paypal accounts or any other restrictions on types of paypal accounts.

Glad you agree with me.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Well, my point was going to be that in no way are they false advertising if they've never said it will work with a business account.  😉

Login to Me Too

phaze3131
Contributor
Contributor

Playing devils advocate I could understand that.  However I doubt you have any horns.

But clearly it says Paypal account, and no where does it say only a certain type of Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

One thing you could do is open a Personal PayPal account to load cash from those cards into, and then just send money from your own personal account to your business account.

It's a couple of extra steps, but it wouldn't take but a few minutes longer than loading directly to the business account.

Login to Me Too

szeitz
Contributor
Contributor

@angelleye wrote:

Well, my point was going to be that in no way are they false advertising if they've never said it will work with a business account.  😉

Your point is in no way even remotely valid. It is insulting to every single customer that reads this. This is people's real money, not a school yard game of gotcha!

Login to Me Too

Llance
New Community Member

Wow!  I'm glad I read this AFTER I spent 5 days trying to load $200 into my Paypal account from a Mycash card.  I spent numerous hours trying to load funds into my Paypal business account from a Mycash card.  This required several phone calls and transfers to different departments, and supervisors, and conference calls between me, Paypal, and Mycash.  Nothing was ever mentioned about not being able to load into my business account.  I don't understand, though...  In December of 2014, I loaded money into Paypal from Mycash.  This must be a new clause in fine print tbd.  I shall create a basic user account in order to load funds.  It is worth the extra few steps because Paypal has always treated me very well customer service wise and security wise.

Login to Me Too

IHW
Contributor
Contributor

This is very strange because I have been loading "Mycash" cards onto my business account ever since they switched to the "Mycash" cards and did away with "greeddot". The funny thing is, i just loaded a $500 card onto my account last week. Then this week i went to load a $236 card and it gives me the message "Null". 

When i called they basically told me that they are sorry and are working on the issue. But offererd no solution other than he would mark my account so that i might be notified when the issue is resolved. I guess along with my boycott on banks, i have to now add paypal because of this unreliability and MAJOR incovienance.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.