Paypal Foreign withdrawal reversal fees are ridiculous

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

Recently a sum of $3.72 charged as Foreign withdrawal reversal fee just for denied of $0.01 to be credited to the bank from paypal as told by paypal. But surprisingly bank had not received any kind of transfer request from paypal as told by my bank. So i called paypal but they told me as below 

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Novedeep and I am happy to assist you regarding your query today. Good day to you, I indeed understand your concern and based on that I want to inform that there was a negative balance of $3.72 USD in your account but only $0.13 USD is left because as a one-time goodwill gesture we have resolve your negative balance from your account so it’s not a bid amount that can be resolved at the time of receiving the new payment in your account. What's going on......

IN my opinion It's just a trick to gain money from different users like me. Feeling so helpless. Can somebody help  me with this matter. Thank you for reading this.

My mobile number:<removed>

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to phone PayPal customer service and speak to an agent for your account-specific problems.  PayPal will not address them, nor respond to them publicly.

Login to Me Too

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

Already done that but nothing seems to be working.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What did customer service tell you when you called?

Login to Me Too

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

They told me that you have nothing to worry about yor negative balance. When i asked do i have to pay for it  they said no. But emailed me this one mentioned below.

Login to Me Too

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

Due to very small amount your bank has not accepted the funds and PayPal has charged you with Rs. 250 INR that is equal to $3.72 USD as Foreign withdrawal reversal fee, hence your account balance is in negative. Now in your account the negative balance is $0.13 USD rest I have resolved it from my side and the next payment you will receive through that it will be resolved. If by any chance my bank denied the small amount that is 0.64 INR which is less than 1 INR should Paypal charge such a huge amount $3.72 USD as a foreign withdrawal reversal fees for only $0.01.

Login to Me Too

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal is a USA company so business fees would be in US $,

Login to Me Too

pupu
Contributor
Contributor

I don't care where paypal or any other companies belongs from ? I just care for my money, work as companies does it too.......That's my principle and for the record of course i know paypal very well. You didn't understood my problem here my friend. If you really want to help me then come up with a solution period. Leave your ego behind. Love. Care. Bye.......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.