PayPay won't accept my Wells Fargo Bank Account

jennyevans021
New Community Member

Hi!

I've had this problem twice already. I used to have an account with PayPal with my previous bank but I had to close that one down. That bank was Bank of America and I had no problems with it.

However, I got an account with Wells Fargo (well, I got my name put on my fiance's account but I have my own card and everything) I've tried twice already to verfiy my bank but it gives me the message of "Sorry, this bank account can't be used on the PayPal website. Please add a different bank account. If you still want to use this bank account, you can use this form to contact Customer Service."

Every number is put in properly, I just copy and paste the numbers to increase accuracy. I've emailed PayPal before about this problem but the email I got was how to add or delete a bank account which was completely useless especially since I explained the problem in the email.

Help would be much appreciated since I need a PayPal account for my ebay sales and any sale in general.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does your name appear on the Bank Statements?

Login to Me Too

jennyevans021
New Community Member

Yes, I saw my name on the statements when I went to retreive the routing and account numbers. I've been on the account for a couple of months now.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may want to check with your bank's customer service first.  Ask if there's any restrictions on the account that would prevent it from doing ACH transfers.  If all is good with the bank, then you would need to contact PayPal's customer support for assistance with linking the account.  As they can view account information, if there's an issue, they should be able to explain why.  Best to call, although a challenge sometimes, but better to speak with a person.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.