PayPal Business Debit MasterCard Question

bellasperanza1
New Community Member

How do I add funds to it?  Can the company I do Direct Selling for deposit my commissions on my Debit Mastercard?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The PayPal Business Debit MasterCard is not a card that you can reload.  It's a card that works like most bank debit cards, you can use the card as a credit card or use the card at an ATM or pay like cash, as the funds come from your bank account.  The difference is the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard uses your PayPal Account Balance instead of your bank account.

PayPal has another product which is their Prepaid MasterCard, it's reloadable.

FAQs for this card can be found here:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

Login to Me Too

MichaelBrashier
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I will have to disagree with this response.  After the big news stories about debit card information and pins being stolen from the big retailers, I set up a PayPal account specifically to use it as my debit card to provide a buffer layer between me and the bad guys.  I talked to a person to state exactly what I wanted and why and was told it would work exactly as I wanted it to.  So I set up the account, got the bebit card, linked the debit card and my PayPal account it to my bank account, set my limits, etc., and it would not be accepted when I tried to use it.  I called and talked to a person again and was told that I had to have money in my PayPal account, not just linked to my bank account, and that I needed to transfer money to my PayPal account to make it work.  And by the way, the transfer process is very slow, so much for the speeding electrons.  So I transferred money to my PayPal account and set up the fund manager to transfer money to my PayPal account in my PayPal balance fell below a certain limit.  My bank has processed the withdrawals so they are no longer in my bank account.  They still have not appeared in my PayPal account for use.  This seems more like a prepaid gift card than a true debit card.  I guess thats fine, it's just not how they advertised it, and it is quite slow.

Login to Me Too

DivineDiva1
New Community Member
That statement is in correct. You can add money to the business debit card from paypal. I do it all the time. You have to buy the WHITE PAYPAL add funds card. I buy my own from CVS and 7/ 11 Store. Do not get the green dot card for paypal. That card is not for the business debit card. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

bigjoeapps
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal Business Debit MasterCard and everything was working great.

I could make purchases and if I didn't have enough in my Paypal account to cover the purchase, it would be approved and the money would automatically be withdrawn from my bank account.

Then I got suckered into getting the Smart Connect card and making it a back up funding source for my Debit Card, that didn't work out good so I closed my Smart Connect card. 

Now my pruchases with my Paypal debit card will not go through anymore unless the money is already in my paypal account.

I thought I just needed to make my bank account as the back up funding source but there is no option for it, I can only add another card like the Smart Connect or have no back up funding source at all, those are my only options.

Anyone know what I need to do to make my Paypal Business Debit MasterCard work again without keeping a running Paypal balnce? 

Login to Me Too

sgy888
Contributor
Contributor

I am hoping that what they told me about this very issue is true. That I have to have a paypal Business debit card to link to my smart connect card to be able to use the available credit on my smart connect card. Is this true? please help

Login to Me Too

New Community Member

Signed up for this a few weeks ago thinking it was going to be at least able to recieve direct deposits. I am an independent contractor however the company I contract with Direct Deposits my money into my account. Well you cant recieve direct deposits on this card. So i linked it to my bank account because they said you could use it with a zero balance and have money withdrawn from bank account. Didnt work. Called paypal they said "You need to add money to it first before you can do that " Seriously? Told them I was closing it its more like a prepaid card. Ive already recieved dozens of those . Closed the account and going to close my regular pay pal account  after this transaction completes as well. Tired of paypal advertising things they dont deliver.

Login to Me Too

ilee91
New Community Member

I have had a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard for around 5 years now. I have been able to use it with a zero balance in my paypal.  It would withdraw the paid amount from my bank account, which is set as the backup payment source. The problem I have been having recently is that I have used it as a credit card from day one, but recently at some places it has charged my account immediately on the following day instead of 2-3 days later as usually did.

Login to Me Too

truck300lb
Contributor
Contributor

if you get a card reader for your smart phone they can put money on it that way

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.