My Cash Card - $500 Gone!

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!

If you have solutions or suggestions, I need to know them NOW.  I have July's bills which are now going unpaid.

Warning!

• The PayPal My Cash Card, which is loaded at local vendors like CVS or Walgreen's, is vulnerable to have the funds cleared off of it (by a scammer).
  • The worst part for me, I thought it was actually PayPal I was dealing with.  It's NOT PP, it's a 3rd party processor called My Cash Card Services/FastCard.   They have no incentive to be honest and upfront that their system is vulnerable to attack by scammers.
  • I'd purchased 3 cards; the first 2 loads went just fine.  Then on July 7, 2015 attempted to add the final one to my account.  It came back saying the card had already been redeemed 3 days before, on the 4th of July (when I couldn't have used the card because it was in a different part of town)  WTF?! 
  • Note:  The cards were hidden, I live alone, no one else has a key to my apartment (being a holiday, no one was in the management office with the keys).  Nothing else on the 4th of July (when the card was used) was taken from my apartment.... so that rules out someone breaking in to have taken it, loaded it onto their account & then putting the card back in it's hiding place.
  • Filled out all the required paperwork, and documentation, waited 2 weeks, only to ultimately be told the card had been cashed in and my only recourse is filing a worthless police report.
  • The $500 I put in the trust of PayPal is gone!  If I had known it was a 3rd party, not PP, I would have been reluctant to do such a thing.  This is PP's reputation on the line!  So much for all those emails I receive saying, "At Paypal your money is safe".  Yeh, right!  After the fact, I can see on the card that it says it's serviced by 'Fast Card', and several instutions are listed, but most importantly the card has the PayPal logo as it's primary marking.  All the rest of the details are in 4pt font.
  • Even when calling into the authentic PayPal representatives themself, to be put through to their myCashCard department, NO ONE informed me that it is not PP I'd be talking to.    And PayPal has said they are NOT going to help in any way.  They've left it to the 3rd party who took my money to make things right.  FastCard of course has washed their hands of  the issue.  And I'm out, forever, $500 I believed was protected by PayPal's honor and promises of security.

BEWARE!  Do NOT use myCashCard to load your PP account.  You will be VERY sorry!

PS:  I'll be posting this info everywhere I can on the internet, Rip-Off Report, Better Business Bureau, my blogs & social media to make sure others don't fall prey to this #PayPalFail

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

If I were you, I'd call PayPal customer service, tell them that when they put you through to InComm (the people holding your money) InComm is a dead line (hangs-up, or whatever).  I'd INSIST that the PayPal agent stay on the line until you're actually on the phone with the InComm agent.  I've even asked the PayPal agent to stay on the line while I speak with InComm so I have a witness as to what InComm has told me.

Don't give up, keep trying!

Insist PayPaly stay on the line until you're actually connected to a person.

Login to Me Too

JLCAAC111
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me, I mean everything you stated....from how I was treated to the amount of $500.  The only difference being the date which is only 5 days apart.  Were you able to get the paypal account information that the money was deposited into?  The reason I ask is that the paypal account where my money was redeemed to had several other $500 my cash deposits all in the month of July 2015.

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

Wow!  Thanks for replying and adding your situation.

I'm impressed that you were able to discover which accounts your money was deposited.  When I asked the Incomm agent they said they weren't at liberty to tell me.  That PayPal had that information (when asked PP sent me back to Incomm.... and round and round it went).

I'd love to know your story.  Would mind please leaving it in the "Leave A Reply" section at the bottom of my blog articles.

Here's my blog post:

https://mycashcardscam.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/paypal-my-cash-card-victims-unite/

Login to Me Too

mary331
New Community Member

This seems like a similar situation to me...

1. Went to load a cash card for $500, received an error code 203

2. Called PayPal customer service and they directed me to send the front and back of my card, receipt of purchase, drivers license to VRNDisputes

3. Received a response from Incomm that they needed my utility bill. I sent in my utility bill the same day.

4. Called PayPal cash card number again to check on the status three days later. They told me they could not find the utility bill. Sent it again on Friday, February 5th.

5. Checked to see if the error code was unlocked and received an Error Code 4003 saying that my PIN had already been used. Called again on Monday, February 8th to explain the situation. Told me they would send this to a fraud department and to check back the next day. Asked him if I needed to send in any additional paperwork. The answer was no. 

6. Called Tuesday, February 9th. The customer service lady at PayPal told me that they have not received my paperwork. Customer service at PayPal sent me dispute forms. Turned the dispute form in the same day.

7. Called PayPal customer service today 2-11-16. They told me I was a part of a scam and to file a police report. 

8. I don't know what to do at this point...any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mary,

I've replied publicly on my blog, within the 'Replies' at the bottom of the page.

https://mycashcardscam.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/paypal-my-cash-card-victims-unite/

I'm sure it will give you some ideas about what to do, ongoing.

Login to Me Too

Om_
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone worring about the 203 error problem and freaking out about it, the same thing happened to me, but my issue was resolved within 24 hours. I called promptly within 15 minutes of purchase (so no hacking issue with me) I called the number from the error page and gave the person my name address and number and also information from my receipt and the number from the MyCash card then had to take a photo of my id the receipt and mycashcard. Then next day receive an email from (email address removed) letting me know I could input my information again and it should work.

i personally suspect the 203 error may be from the store which your purchased putting a stop on the payment (for whatever reason). Judging from the email (email address removed) this is some sort of fraud counter measure which is being intentionally implented I personally won't be dealing with this **bleep** again,but if anyone needs to use this service I would recommend generating a barcode directly on your mobile phone through PayPal.com.

just wanted to allay fears and give advice. (Don.'t deal with them, but if you have to, generate your own barcode on Paypal's website don't be the physical PayPal incom card)

Login to Me Too

sickmint79
Contributor
Contributor

i posted prior on this thread and had the same problem as ms liz.  note this was not a 203, as i believe 203 = money there, just being difficult to load.

for her and i, our problem was money GONE.

this is because these cards are run by incomm, there is a fatal security design, and incomm employees are embezzling.  incomm's fraud department is also completely incompetent/obstructive.  i got my money back only upon retaining lawyers to file a claim in federal court.  i have proof of my claims with picture and video in my blog here.

http://www.igobyplane.com/2016/05/16/billion-dollar-paypal-my-cash-scam-partner-incomm-scam-got-busy...

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

Mary331,

You tried to load the funds onto your PayPal account on Feb 11th, 2016.  But when did you BUY the card, and where?

I'd like to know how much of a lag time there was before purchase and cashing it in.  Knowing this will give us more ammunition in dealing with the people in charge of this mess.

Thanks tons!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.