My Cash Card - $500 Gone!

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!

If you have solutions or suggestions, I need to know them NOW.  I have July's bills which are now going unpaid.

Warning!

• The PayPal My Cash Card, which is loaded at local vendors like CVS or Walgreen's, is vulnerable to have the funds cleared off of it (by a scammer).
  • The worst part for me, I thought it was actually PayPal I was dealing with.  It's NOT PP, it's a 3rd party processor called My Cash Card Services/FastCard.   They have no incentive to be honest and upfront that their system is vulnerable to attack by scammers.
  • I'd purchased 3 cards; the first 2 loads went just fine.  Then on July 7, 2015 attempted to add the final one to my account.  It came back saying the card had already been redeemed 3 days before, on the 4th of July (when I couldn't have used the card because it was in a different part of town)  WTF?! 
  • Note:  The cards were hidden, I live alone, no one else has a key to my apartment (being a holiday, no one was in the management office with the keys).  Nothing else on the 4th of July (when the card was used) was taken from my apartment.... so that rules out someone breaking in to have taken it, loaded it onto their account & then putting the card back in it's hiding place.
  • Filled out all the required paperwork, and documentation, waited 2 weeks, only to ultimately be told the card had been cashed in and my only recourse is filing a worthless police report.
  • The $500 I put in the trust of PayPal is gone!  If I had known it was a 3rd party, not PP, I would have been reluctant to do such a thing.  This is PP's reputation on the line!  So much for all those emails I receive saying, "At Paypal your money is safe".  Yeh, right!  After the fact, I can see on the card that it says it's serviced by 'Fast Card', and several instutions are listed, but most importantly the card has the PayPal logo as it's primary marking.  All the rest of the details are in 4pt font.
  • Even when calling into the authentic PayPal representatives themself, to be put through to their myCashCard department, NO ONE informed me that it is not PP I'd be talking to.    And PayPal has said they are NOT going to help in any way.  They've left it to the 3rd party who took my money to make things right.  FastCard of course has washed their hands of  the issue.  And I'm out, forever, $500 I believed was protected by PayPal's honor and promises of security.

BEWARE!  Do NOT use myCashCard to load your PP account.  You will be VERY sorry!

PS:  I'll be posting this info everywhere I can on the internet, Rip-Off Report, Better Business Bureau, my blogs & social media to make sure others don't fall prey to this #PayPalFail

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Nicci
New Community Member
I used to love PayPal. I have used it for over a year now. An here recently I buy a my cash card when I get paid so my husband an I can both have money while he's working in California 5 hours away. Well after this if this problem isn't fixed I will no longer be treated like my money isn't good enough. I bought a $500 dollar my cash card with cash. So I don't see why they are worried about fraud or why for 6 hours now I get the error code 203. An PayPal can say what they want about technical problems but that's bull$#!+ because I got the same error code on Nov 22nd an freaked out an started crying an so my husband went on the exact same site as me an was able to load it. If it was really a technical issue then he would have not been able to load it. An the fact that u can't talk to a rep is ridiculous I won't my money back an I am so done with PayPal. This inconviencience is too much . maybe if we could talk to a customer service rep it wouldn't be such an issue but if the website tells you to call a number an the number tells u to log on to a website, I mean seriously. An ice notice I only get this error 203 when I try to load a $500 card.
Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

InComm, the company you're talking too is a customer service disaster!

You CAN get through to a person at that number, but I recall it takes hitting Zero- 0 repeatedly until the call tree puts you through to them. 

The point is, InComm doesn't want you bothering them.

The next best thing is to call PayPal directly, have them put you through to their 'My Cash Card Department', which is a scam because it's NOT a department of PayPal but a SEPERATE COMANY, and that company is InComm!!!!  The worst customer service I've ever experienced.

To call InComm 'shady dealing' is putting it mildly!

I hope this helps any of you trying to get through to InComm's customer service department.

And now on to my reason for being here..................

WHY has my original thread, My Cash Card - $500 Gone!,

been merged/hijacked with this thread regarding 203 Issues?

They are NOT the same issue!

The original topic is about very specific issues involving money loaded to cash cards PRIOR to July 4, 2015

If your money was loaded onto your My Cash Card PRIOR to July 4th, 2015, I want to hear from you.

Please leave details of when you purchased your MCC, and also when you went to redeem it onto your PP account.

Thank you, for participating.

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

Update on 203 error

I've now come to the conclusion that the 203 error code MIGHT signify a similar hack of data from the InComm/MyCashCard, just like the other respondents to my original thread title.

If you've received a 203 error code when using your My Cash Card, please leave details in this thread.

Thank you, for your participation.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220907L
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same sinking ship.. on 12/05/2015 I used a my cash card loading $200 with no problems on 12/11/2015 I tried to add another card for $500 and received the error 203 message now I have been evicted from my house because of this situation and am homeless and still out $500

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

SoonXppuser

I'm doing what I can to figure out what's going on with these Error 203 codes.

Please give more details:

What day did you buy the $300 card, that you loaded on Dec 5, 2015?

What day did you buy the $500 card, that you were unable to load, receiving the Error 203 code, on Dec 11, 2015?

Thank you, for making your case details clearer.  They may help us piece things together.

Please keep checking back with this thread, and searching the internet, on a regular basis.

Login to Me Too

hotsoft

I just became a victim of the same scam. Out of the 8 cards I bought last year, 5 cards had fund stolen with $2500 in total gone.

2x $500 cards:   bought from cvs store #1 on 8/10/2014

2x $500 cards:   bought from cvs store #2 on 5/28/2014

1x $500 card:     bought from cvs store #3 on 5/20/2014

Just tried to load one of the card to paypal and had problem. So I have one card already scratched exposing pin number, and all the rest cards still sealed with pin mask. I think the scammers might have come up with an algorithm or something that can calculate pin numbers and stole my money.

Called InComm (paypal cash) and they opened a case. Asked me to email materials to them (copies of cards, driver's license, etc). I hope they will give me the money back or I will actually sue them. I live in the same city with them - Atlanta, GA so I think I can use small claim court. 

Login to Me Too

LemmyLugosi
Contributor
Contributor

Is the Paypal MyCash website down completely now? I bought a card just yesterday...AND CAN'T GET THE SITE TO OPEN!!!

Aaaaaaaarrrggghhh.....

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

Lemmy, what website are you going to?

I just went to http://paypal.com/cash

The form to put your info is there.

I certainly hope it works for you.

If the site is down (which I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down a lot sooner) call thru to PP's customer service and they'll put you through to InComm (you can read in this thread what everyone is going through with them)

Do call whomever you have to so your money is redeemed ASAP.

ALL these PayPal load cards (Green Dot, InComm, etc) are vulnerable to being hacked, you money stolen.  So make sure to get your money into your PP acct ASAP.

Best of luck.

Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

HotSoft, You're in Atlanta.

Be sure to leave a detailed report on InComm/PayPal with the Atlanta Better Business Bureau.  That's what I did to get my money returned to me (though it was not easy.... I worked hard for it!)

My actions are documented here https://mycashcardscam.wordpress.com/

You're spot on about scammers "have come up with an algorithm or something that can calculate pin numbers and stole my money".  Make sure you say that in your complaint............ and DO threaten a lawsuit.  Their card numbers HAVE been hacked and they know it.  So use all the amo you've got!

Also please repeat your story on http://www.ripoffreport.com/ so it's documented with growing evidence to warn others.... and build a stronger case.

Login to Me Too

c321

I've been trying to load my $300 my cash code since Thursday and I'm getting that same 20 error code. I call the # on the back which repeatedly says $300 has successfully been activated to my cash card but the money hasn't been added to a paypal account. The pressing 0 repeatedly still hasn't gotten me through. I was first told 0# 0# 0# which didn't work either. I called paypal this morning as soon as I thought I was about to get helped, I got hung up on. That happened 3x back to back. I'm **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.