My Cash Card - $500 Gone!

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!

If you have solutions or suggestions, I need to know them NOW.  I have July's bills which are now going unpaid.

Warning!

• The PayPal My Cash Card, which is loaded at local vendors like CVS or Walgreen's, is vulnerable to have the funds cleared off of it (by a scammer).
  • The worst part for me, I thought it was actually PayPal I was dealing with.  It's NOT PP, it's a 3rd party processor called My Cash Card Services/FastCard.   They have no incentive to be honest and upfront that their system is vulnerable to attack by scammers.
  • I'd purchased 3 cards; the first 2 loads went just fine.  Then on July 7, 2015 attempted to add the final one to my account.  It came back saying the card had already been redeemed 3 days before, on the 4th of July (when I couldn't have used the card because it was in a different part of town)  WTF?! 
  • Note:  The cards were hidden, I live alone, no one else has a key to my apartment (being a holiday, no one was in the management office with the keys).  Nothing else on the 4th of July (when the card was used) was taken from my apartment.... so that rules out someone breaking in to have taken it, loaded it onto their account & then putting the card back in it's hiding place.
  • Filled out all the required paperwork, and documentation, waited 2 weeks, only to ultimately be told the card had been cashed in and my only recourse is filing a worthless police report.
  • The $500 I put in the trust of PayPal is gone!  If I had known it was a 3rd party, not PP, I would have been reluctant to do such a thing.  This is PP's reputation on the line!  So much for all those emails I receive saying, "At Paypal your money is safe".  Yeh, right!  After the fact, I can see on the card that it says it's serviced by 'Fast Card', and several instutions are listed, but most importantly the card has the PayPal logo as it's primary marking.  All the rest of the details are in 4pt font.
  • Even when calling into the authentic PayPal representatives themself, to be put through to their myCashCard department, NO ONE informed me that it is not PP I'd be talking to.    And PayPal has said they are NOT going to help in any way.  They've left it to the 3rd party who took my money to make things right.  FastCard of course has washed their hands of  the issue.  And I'm out, forever, $500 I believed was protected by PayPal's honor and promises of security.

BEWARE!  Do NOT use myCashCard to load your PP account.  You will be VERY sorry!

PS:  I'll be posting this info everywhere I can on the internet, Rip-Off Report, Better Business Bureau, my blogs & social media to make sure others don't fall prey to this #PayPalFail

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

hotsoft

biggshawn
Did anyone get there money loaded to paypal. I have 500 that I can't load.
Login to Me Too

MzLiz
Contributor
Contributor

WHY has my original thread, My Cash Card - $500 Gone!,

been merged/hijacked with this thread regarding 203 Issues?

They are NOT the same issue!

The original topic is about very specific issues involving money loaded to cash cards PRIOR to July 4, 2015

If your money was loaded onto your My Cash Card PRIOR to July 4th, 2015, I want to hear from you.

Please leave details of when you purchased your MCC, and also when you went to redeem it onto your PP account.

Thank you, for participating.

Login to Me Too

SimsCamb

This is absolutely ridiculous and disappointing! I have Spoken with PayPal over 9 time today because I was trying to load a 500 card to my account and have been receiving the error message "Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time.

Please try again, and if the problem isn't resolved, then call My Cash card customer service at 855-721-5035.My Cash Error Code = 203

I called the number provided and it only allows you to check the card it doesn’t even give you an option to speak with someone I had to get that information from the rep in the customer service dept. finally called the customer service dept. and the rep was very nice she checked my account and advised me that there was nothing wrong with my account she placed me on hold and came back to phone and advised me that she spoke with the my cash dept. and was told that there was a system issue she could not tell me how long it was going to take for the issue to rectified she just said to check back in a hour or two I spoke with her about 12:00 and I just checked backed and it's 2:12 pm and it still have not been resolved. I then called cash services and used the 0# as the rep said and finally reached a rep that sounded like she was freaking sleep. And I was told by the rep from the My Cash dept. that she doesn't know what the issue could be she then asked for the serial number of card I explained to her that my sister purchased the card and that we live hours and hours away so I would have to contact her at work to get the information. Which is a big inconvenience since it took me forever just to reach her and the thought of calling back again. She then stated that it’s nothing that she could do then. So now I am **bleep** what an inconvenience my sister was providing that money to me because I'm a college student with no job and I’m supported by my family. I was using that money to pay bills and participate in black Friday with friends because I never have and here I am writing a review on PayPal. Totally unacceptable because looking over the reviews this issue have been happening for days so it should have been resolved. And all employees should have been notified regarding the issue and should be able give us correct information on what is going on. No just saying something to get us off the phone they don’t even apologize. I'm defiantly not letting this go I have contacted a lawyer and I’m currently printing out all of these statements and I was smart enough to record my last two calls where I was told two different things. PayPal should at least have sent us an email or something. And should credit my account as well. They WILL hear from my lawyer ASAP.Im going to make a call to the head office and see if they could help.

Cambra Sims

Login to Me Too

Tehicks
New Community Member

Same exact thing happen to me. I was givin a support ticket and akaed to send a copy of card receipt and ID. And they would follow up on why it's giving the code within 72 hours. What they need my ID for I don't know, . I'm livid. How do you not know what YOUR OWN COMPANY ERROR CODES ACTUALLY ARE? Absolutely the most idiotic capability a company such as this Magnitude or Caliber could possibly have. I want my **bleep** money

Login to Me Too

Psm128
Contributor
Contributor

I want to sue them! Go to the other paypal error and read my story!

Login to Me Too

jodilyn
Contributor
Contributor

Funny how the last thread regarding this issue was moved to the bottom of the board.

This issue is not a feedback thread it is a payment issue thread that is not being addressed by paypal.

Moving the thread to a different forum so that others cannot see and take note of it is not going to make the problem go away as more people continue to purchase these cards and have their funds frozen.

paypal is doing nothing more then setting themselves up for bad media publicity and the end result is going to be a lawsuit by countless people being **bleep** on these cards!

Login to Me Too

Wangman5000
Contributor
Contributor
I'm in the same boat here I really wish this gets taken care of. My parents helped me out and I'm getting evicted on Tuesday with 3 kids. Now I can't receive the money my parents sent. I really hope I get my cards by Tuesday.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.