Login PayPal Here without email

HPE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a PayPal business account and would like to set up multiple users to be able to use the PayPal Here application to accept credit cards.  I followed the directions to add users to my business account.  However, signing on to PayPal Here requires entering in an email address.  How is an "additional" user to a business account supposed to sign in to PayPal Here without an email address? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you setup Multi-User Access, you (account owner) assign a User Name (not an email address) to each individual.  You also assign a Password to each individual.  The person then uses that User Name and Password to login with, no email address.  Note, only you as the account owner can change the assigned passwords.  The users cannot change his or her password.

For additional info on the permissions and using Multi-User Access, see this guide:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_merchantsetupadministrationguide...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you setup Multi-User Access, you (account owner) assign a User Name (not an email address) to each individual.  You also assign a Password to each individual.  The person then uses that User Name and Password to login with, no email address.  Note, only you as the account owner can change the assigned passwords.  The users cannot change his or her password.

For additional info on the permissions and using Multi-User Access, see this guide:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_merchantsetupadministrationguide...

Login to Me Too

bodywellinc
New Community Member

I have the same problem. It asks for an email address to log in - you can't just login with the user name and password created in manage users. Insufficient answer.

Login to Me Too

bodywellinc
New Community Member

I figured it out. Paypal converted the user name to ALL CAPS so that is what was required to log in. Rather silly that it does that automatically but anyway - that's that.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dbrig01
Contributor
Contributor

When my managed users login with the user id and password that I assigned them, they are prompted for my (the primary account holder) login information.  

Is there a way for the managed users to login with their phone number and PIN.....and not have a need for me to sign in as well?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.