Is there a list of compatible devices that work with "paypal here" ?

Bll225
Contributor
Contributor

Specifically for android devices.

the 'faq' is not helpful at all.  it basically says 'try the reader to see if it works'

"PayPal Here is not compatible with all Android devices. Please download the app on your phone to determine if your device is compatible."

all well and good, except that i want to make sure i buy one that *IS* compatible. So is there a list somewhere, or community forum topic about which devices work and dont work?

honestly it seems rather lazy paypal does not help potential users out and list devices that actually work.  intuit gopayment has a pretty good list, so why doesn't paypal?  http://kbgopayment.intuit.com/intuit/index?page=gopayment_content&id=INF16030

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is what they say which basically try it, it either works or not (unfortunately you won't get any more info than that):

In order to run PayPal Here, an Android device must include the following specifications:

• Android version 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher
  • 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone
  • Support for Location Services
  • Access to the internet (via WiFi or cellular data network)

PayPal Here is not compatible with all Android devices. Please download the app on your phone to determine if your device is compatible.

At this time, PayPal Here is not supported on Android tablets.

Login to Me Too

Bll225
Contributor
Contributor

that is not very helpful and are just repeating what i've already said i know.  i've already said i looked at that useless faq. 

the faq tells me nothing.  hence my reason for posting this.

is  there some concrete, solid, USEFUL list of devices that people can actually use with this?

or is it just a crapshoot?  "it might work or it might not"

It would be nice to know beforehand what works and what does not.  i dont have hours to waste to 'try and see'

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Other options:

You can reach out to PayPal through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.