I can't login to PayPal Here app

cnunley
Contributor
Contributor

I got the text with the link to download the PayPal Here app. I downloaded it to my phone, but when I tried to login, it never worked. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it by just going to Google Play. For about 5 minutes it says "logging in" with the loading circle, then it says, "Unable to login. Please check your information and try again." It's done this at least 3 times now and my information is all correct. I also cannot log on the PayPal app. It instantly says, "We're sorry, a problem has occurred. Please try again." and never logs me in. I have a new Pantech Flex [android] phone. All my other apps work great. Please help.

Thanks,

Chelsea

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's the current list of phones:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices

You can also call:

Sales: 1-888-433-5482

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's the current list of phones:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices

You can also call:

Sales: 1-888-433-5482

Login to Me Too

Strange1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as cnunley. It let me log in when I first downloaded the app, but then I was hacked and had to change my login information. Now when I try to log in it says "Logging in" with the loading cirlce, and it just sits there and does that forever unless I press the back button. Then it will say, "Unable to login. Please check your information and try again." As you can see, I can log in to Paypal on the desktop just fine with my info, so it's not my log-in info that is the problem.

My phone is this:

Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGHT959V

Which is on the list of compatible phones.

I called support twice. The first time they told me to install the update, so I did that. It still didn't work, so I called again. This time they told me to uninstall the app, hard reset my phone, and reinstall. I did that, and it is still not working.

I got Paypal Here for an event I'm attending this weekend. I chose it over Square because I had experience with Paypal and I heard the customer support was really good. I really need to be able to log in before the event, otherwise I won't be able to take credit card payments.

Login to Me Too

cnunley
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Strange1
Contributor
Contributor

NOTE: I just figured out what the problem was. I believe it to be a glitch with the Paypal Here app. Certain symbols aren't recognized in passwords so it won't let you log in. If you are still having this problem, try changing your password and see if that fixes it.

Paypal, I would encourage you to fix this as soon as possible, considering you encourage your users to put symbols in their passwords for security.

Login to Me Too

cnunley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help, but my phone isn't on the list that was posted as a response to my first comment. Hopefully they can make the app compatible/available for my phone one day.

Login to Me Too

Strange1
Contributor
Contributor

No problem! I was glad I was able to figure it out for my phone, and hopefully that will help others that might be having the same problem. I also called and reported the problem to Paypal directly.

Hopefully they update it so that it works on your phone at some point, too! Or if you get a new phone it'd be good to check if it works for that. I'm sure they'll try to get it working for all new phones at least.

Login to Me Too

Ryan2506
New Community Member

First time I have ever had to make my password less secure to use an app and it is to process credit cards how ironic. It would not accept & in my password.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.