How to pay my Paypal Credit bill?

Dakk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have recently made a purchase about $500 using my Paypal Credit and I want to pay some of it off with my Paypal Balance. However, when I click on "Make a Payment", it just tells me I have nothing to pay right now because of the 6 month no interest thing. Does that basically mean I have to wait till the 6 months is up to be able to pay? Wouldn't that also mean I have to pay the deferred interest as well? If anyone knows, please tell me how I can pay off my balance before the 6 months is up using the balance from my Paypal. I dont want to withdraw any money from my bank account. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Even though you have no required payment you should still be able to make a payment.

You should also review your full PayPal Credit statement (downloaded in PDF) so you see all of the details about required and minimum payments.

If you have the 6 months no interest and no payments for 6 months, then you re not required to make any payemnts until the end of the 6 months.  As long as you pay the full balance within 6 months there is no interst charge.  Miss the payment by 1 day and you'll pay the 6-months of back interest, so don't miss the date.

Login to Me Too

Dakk
Contributor
Contributor

So do I have to wait a month until I get a statement in order to start paying? I just made my PayPal Credit account today as well as my purchase so it says I don't have any statements. It also says I have no minimum payment due. When I click on Make a Payment, it just says: 

Make a payment

Good news. You’ve got nothing to pay right now.

Want to get ahead of your to-do list?

Set up automatic payments so you're covered next time you have a payment due.

I tried setting up automatic payments but I can't do that either because it tells me I have no payments due....

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I guess you can't pay until after you first statement.

As for automatic payments make sure it's something you really want to do.  You should be able to manage your account and use your credit to your best financial benefit by managing your payments on a monthly basis and adjusting to your benefit.

Login to Me Too

Dakk
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thanks for  your help. I'll just wait until my statement arrives and see what happens. 

Login to Me Too

dragz
Contributor
Contributor

i just made a payment on my paypal credit balance (via bank account)on friday and it is still pending today(the following monday). So you will probably have to wait a few business days at least for the statement to to update.

Login to Me Too

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

the text that says you do not have to pay right now is stating that you do not HAVE to make a payment until 6 months (doesn't mean you can't make a payment). You can make a payment anytime you'd like. If you do not pay the total amount before the 6 month promo expires then you will have to pay the deferred interest also.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DenimDan12

Do you have a question where yu need help?

Login to Me Too

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations I was  helping the OP. I believe the reason that they were unable to make a payment on the day of purchase was because the tranaction might have still been in pending status so there was no balance to be paid.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DenimDan12

Actually, I don't think you can make a payment until after the first PayPal Credit statement date; that was already stated and the OP hasn't received a statement yet.  OP is just waiting until the statment date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.