How do you confirm your debit card?

TraceKenney
New Community Member
I created my paypal 2 days ago and still don't know how to confirm my debit card? Please help me!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From the Help FAQs:

After you’ve added your card number, you'll need to confirm that you own the card. Here’s how:

We’re introducing a new and improved Profile to some customers. Until all customers are using the new Profile, there are 2 sets of instructions on how to do this. Please follow the instructions that match what you see on the site.

Authorize PayPal to send a code to you

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside Credit cards.
  5. Click Confirm My Card.
  6. Click Continue.

Or

2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
  5. Click Save and Continue.

Locate the charge and a code on your card statement

• PayPal will charge $1.95 to your card. (Once you have confirmed your card, this amount is refunded to your PayPal account immediately or to your card within 30 days.)
  • The charge appears on your debit or credit card statement with a 4-digit code and the word PAYPAL. If you view your card statements online, you can check for the code in a few days. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail. 
  • Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

Confirm your card by entering the code

Have your 4-digit PayPal code ready.

2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside Credit cards.
  5. Click Enter PayPal Code.
  6. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code.
  7. Click Confirm Card.
Login to Me Too

frankazoid
Contributor
Contributor

there is nowhere to enter that 4 digit code! i can see my card 'ready to confirm' when i click it I can view details or edit and there on the edit screen i can enter 3 digit security code and that's it! where do i enter 4 digit code?

Login to Me Too

shoponline
New Community Member

I had the same issue. I had to ultimately call their number and confirm the card there. Sux that Paypal does not have clear instructions about it.

If I had to guess, I would think they forgot to implement the feature when they revamped their website. Lets hope someone out there from Paypal is watching these messages and making note of this problem.

Login to Me Too

frankazoid
Contributor
Contributor

apprently if you switch to the classic site version (link in the bottom left corner) you can confirm your card there!

Login to Me Too

milena77
New Community Member

My problem is that I can not see the number in my card statement

I can see the value but the description only says COMPRA MASTERCARD INTERNACIONAL.

What can I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

frankazoid
Contributor
Contributor

you might want to call your bank and check if they can see it

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The card number should be on your phyical card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milena77

That card sounds as if its a virtual / prepaid card and as such you may not be able to confirm it.

Only customer services can tell you that for sure though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.