Help adding funds from "My Cash" card purchased at CVS - NOT a MoneyPak

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a card from CVS that was supposed to add cash directly to my PayPal account. The card says you can add $20 to $500 and there is a $3.95 purchase fee. So I gave CVS my $500 plus the purchase fee, and the card says to visit www.paypal.com/cash and enter the pin number to have those funds credited immediately to my PayPal account.

But when I visit paypal.com/cash, and I log in, it just stays on the main My Account page on the PayPal site. 

I tried calling PayPal and after speaking with four people, noone had any idea what card I was referring to. It is NOT a MoneyPak, nor a NetSpend card, nor a pre-paid PayPal card. It is just to load cash into my account, the exact same way as a MoneyPak, but I can't find any information online how to do so. I tried calling the number on the back of the card I purchased but there is no option to speak with anyone.

Has anyone used this card which on the front is blue and white, has the PayPal logo prominantly printed, and says "My Cash --> My PayPal"?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor
Update: it is not a scam, the problem is that CVS put these on the shelf too early before the system and <a href="http://WWW.PayPal.com/cash" target="_blank">WWW.PayPal.com/cash</a> site was launched. I spoke with someone at inComm who issues the Fastcard that this PaylPal card is under and other gift cards who confirmed this. I also received the following email from PayPal after I submitted a contact form requesting help: "Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Heather and I am happy to assist you today. I apologize for any confusion when you called. This is a new feature we are "planning" to rollout in October 2012. Unfortunately CVS made these cards available while we still have not released this feature. We are trying to contact these merchants who are selling the cards to stop the sales. I can suggest you retain the cards until the feature is released. " So that doesn't fix the problem but it does explain it. inComm /Fastcard was tremendously helpful and they actually loaded money into my PayPal account directly and were very apologetic about the error. I also talked to the CVS store manager in Oceanside, CA where I purchased the card and he couldn't do anything but was apologetic and pulled the cards from his shelf until he could confirm they were able to be used. So if you've purchased one of these cards it **bleep** but you should be able to access the funds by October 5, 2012... I think that's the date I was told it would be live... or at least some time in October.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

wolfmanwife
Contributor
Contributor

that website in the card is now working and paypal told me that is a safe website so I just used it to add my money in my paypal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

wolfmanwife
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I purchased the card September 25th in a CVS pharmacy, I went back to the pharmacy and told them that it didn't work and of course they didn't refund the money because the card was activated. Fortunately for me I only loaded 25 dlls.  I think this is a scam I have no idea how this card ended being sold at CVS. Paypal doesn't have idea of the card. You are right and the customer service is just a recording loop. I need help too to get my money back. I think paypal should investigate this scam because this card is using the PAYPAL name.

Login to Me Too

Birddogleader
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I purchased a MY Cash card at CVS with 100.00 and tried to load it to my PayPal Mastercard only to be told to call customer service at Pay Pal     What's the deal Pay Pal? How do we reload the Mastercard without all the delays and redirections?

Login to Me Too

Jross20
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you can't find it.  However, simply going to paypal.com and logging in makes it seem impossible to find.  If you look on the back of the card in the bold small black writing it gives the directions on how to add the funds to your papal account.  The actual web address you typed in you URL is going to be  "www.paypal.com/cash".  You need to make sure you put that forward slash and then the word cash. From there its pretty simple. 

I bought 5 $200 visa debit gift cards, but I was frustrated to find out later that I could not get cash off them although they say "debit".  I went to a CVS grabbed two of the papal cash cards and paid for them using all five of those stupid vanilla $200 dollar gift cards.  There not stupid, bus misleading in a sense.  I thought it was going to be tough because I'm pretty sure under "terms and conditions" for the vanilla cards I had, you can not use them at ATMs or to get cash.  I essentially worked my way around that, but I waited for the cashier that I thought I would have an easier time in getting away with buying gift cards with different gift cards.  She accepted all 5 $200 visa vanilla cards and I had to pay $3.95 extra for each one of the PayPal cash cards, and they were loaded up. I took them home immediately and typed in the web address above and, voila!!! The $ was loaded into my papal account instantly and then I was able to figure out what the best gift card was for my needs. I ended up just using the cash, because I bought the 5 cards through a promotional offer with no interest for 12 months. If I wanted to take a cash advance for $1000 through that offer, I would have paid a lot more money for the advance and the fact that the offer didn't allow for cash advance.  I do know someone who did that as an almost free cash advance without fees on an amount of $1500. SORRY FOR THE EXTRA INFO, but the PayPal cards are good to give as gifts to someone that you know has a papal account and can use the card for cash or however they want. 

Login to Me Too

kindredmems

Thank you that was right on the money "PayPal Money" that is.  It was quite helpful.  Often times we look at something and think it is the usual, when in fact it is a little different.  I read the back of the PayPal cash card twice, but never saw the forward slash with the work cash attached.   After your enlightened instructions it was SO easy.  

Thanks, again.

Login to Me Too

trillian
New Community Member

Jross20 - you are simply an advertiser. And your post is deliberately misleading and disinformative. The problem is that MyCash is NOT a good deal. The web site is unresponsive as soon as one logs in. You'll wait all day for it to ask you to enter your 10 digit pin. Nobody is home at "Customer Support". It is simply an automated message that repeats the same information that is already printed on the card. The same is true of the so-called "FAQ/Contact Us" link on the website. It does present a FAW ... same information as already printed on the card, but there is no "Contact Us".  There is no "Voila!" as you so disingenuously put it.. The whole thing is a circle-jerk and a real scam. Folks, don't fall for it!

Login to Me Too
Solved

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor
Update: it is not a scam, the problem is that CVS put these on the shelf too early before the system and <a href="http://WWW.PayPal.com/cash" target="_blank">WWW.PayPal.com/cash</a> site was launched. I spoke with someone at inComm who issues the Fastcard that this PaylPal card is under and other gift cards who confirmed this. I also received the following email from PayPal after I submitted a contact form requesting help: "Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Heather and I am happy to assist you today. I apologize for any confusion when you called. This is a new feature we are "planning" to rollout in October 2012. Unfortunately CVS made these cards available while we still have not released this feature. We are trying to contact these merchants who are selling the cards to stop the sales. I can suggest you retain the cards until the feature is released. " So that doesn't fix the problem but it does explain it. inComm /Fastcard was tremendously helpful and they actually loaded money into my PayPal account directly and were very apologetic about the error. I also talked to the CVS store manager in Oceanside, CA where I purchased the card and he couldn't do anything but was apologetic and pulled the cards from his shelf until he could confirm they were able to be used. So if you've purchased one of these cards it **bleep** but you should be able to access the funds by October 5, 2012... I think that's the date I was told it would be live... or at least some time in October.
Login to Me Too

Mlugo
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with the card. What NUMBER did you call for help.  I have been on a never ending loop. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

wolfmanwife
Contributor
Contributor

that website in the card is now working and paypal told me that is a safe website so I just used it to add my money in my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mlugo - the site should be working now, see note posted after yours.

Go to www.paypal.com/cash or https://www.paypal-cash.com/

and you should be able to load to your paypal account from your card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.