Extras Mastercard Unlinked

charityamis
Contributor
Contributor
I am having an issue where my extras MasterCard is not connected/linked to my PayPal account due to a mistake on my part. Is there any way that I can get this problem solved? Otherwise, I would just need to cancel it.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you need to correct an error you'll probably need to cal lPayPal customer service.

You have not provided any information about how you made the error what the error is.

Login to Me Too

charityamis
Contributor
Contributor
I made an account but made a minor error in my email (put an "e" at the end) and I couldn't change it or confirm it. Like a dummy, instead of calling them to fix that mistake, I just deleted the account and created a new one. Unfortunately, I filled out the extras application before I deleted it, and then, thinking it wouldn't go through because I deleted the account, I filled the app out again when I created the new account. After being approved it seems that both apps show up as pending or not complete even though I got my card and it is activated. The card seems to just be floating with no cannection to any account. I keep calling but get no real help from anyone at Paypal or extras. I don't really know what to do beyond just cancel I g it if no one can link it.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does the card you received have your correct e-mail address with it?  Was there a sticker on the card to make a phone call to confirm receipt?  Were there other instructions to confirm receipt.

I don't have a PayPal Extras MasterCard, just several credit cards with national bank. 

Here's a guess:  you need to go to your PayPal account and add the card.  Or, does it already show up on your PayPal account?

If you can't figure out what to do, you could call PayPal customer service; the're generally pretty good with help, especially if you use the one-time passcode option.

Login to Me Too

charityamis
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not really sure about the email since it doesn't show up on my PayPal account. There is nowhere to check transactions or pay the balance. There was a sticker and it told me to either call or go online to activate the card. Since there was no way to activate it online, I had to call. Those were all the instructions I received. So far, calling PayPal has gotten me nowhere. I know it was my own fault for making the mistake, but I've gotten a little frustrated with calling them and sending them messages. This was honestly my last resort.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ok, it's activated and useable.

I suppose you no longer have the sticker.  Do you remember the web site on the sticker for activation?

What bank name is on the card?

Is there any infomation on the card of where to call in case of loss?

I don't have any PayPal credit cards so I have no idea as to the bank issuing the cards.

Since the card is activated I guess you should be able to link it to your PayPal account by adding a card.

I have no idea whether or not you could pay it that way.

For my credit card I go to the Citi cards web site to see my account and make payments.

For Chase cards I go to the Chase website.

In all cases I had to go tot he bank web site and add the card number to get started, I think.

Hopefully someone who actually has a PayPal MasterCard will be able to provide a step-by-step approach.

Login to Me Too

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor
Synchrony Financial is the bank and the issuer of the PayPal Extras MasterCard. Either way,it should be PayPal's responsibility to ensure the card is in your PayPal account (it gets automatically added after your approved for the application). I would call PayPal customer service once again and tell them your PayPal Extras Card is not displayed in your account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.