Does Debit Mastercard work with Bill Me Later?

joysfo
Contributor
Contributor

I am considering getting the Debit Mastercard.  My account goes to the Bill Me Later billing default when I make a purchase.  Would this also occur if using the Debit Mastercard, rather than coming directly out of my bank account?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Ashley

Hi joysfo!

That's a good question. The PayPal Debit MasterCard will use PayPal balance first. If there's not a sufficient balance in the PayPal account, you can only set a bank account, PayPal Extras MasterCard, or PayPal Smart Connect as a back up payment method.

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

ADWheelerPhoto
Contributor
Contributor

So.....the answer is no?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi ADWheelerPhoto,

That's correct. Regrettably, that's not an option at this time. 😞

It's a great idea though and I'll pass along the feedback to our products team!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Courtnei_pm
Contributor
Contributor
Why when I go on my paypal app does it allow me to choose bill me later as my preferred acct method for my paypal debit card? Doesn't that mean it's using my bill me later and not my bank acct?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi Courtnei_pm,

From the PayPal mobile app, there is an option to set Bill Me Later (now known as PayPal Credit) as a back up funding source for PayPal In-Store Checkout. See more info on In-Store Checkout here.

Currently, PayPal Credit is not an option for back up funding on the PayPal Debit Card. 😞

I hope that helps to clarify a little bit.

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Courtnei_pm
Contributor
Contributor

thanks!

Login to Me Too

fashnbly_l8
New Community Member

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Hi Courtnei_pm,

From the PayPal mobile app, there is an option to set Bill Me Later (now known as PayPal Credit) as a back up funding source for PayPal In-Store Checkout. See more info on In-Store Checkout here.

Currently, Bill Me Later is not an option for back up funding on the PayPal Debit Card. 😞

I hope that helps to clarify a little bit.

-Ashley

It's 9/2/14, and am wondering if PayPay credit can be used as backup funding while using the Business Debit Card.  Any updates since the previous posts above?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @jewelsq and @fashnbly_l8 

Currently, this is still not an option. 😞

If anything changes, I'm sure we will make an announcement!

Thank you for your interest! 🙂

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

jewelsq
New Community Member

Has paypal credit been enabled for the primary spending on the debit card, yet, since this last post?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.