Chip card reader won't tap

PABTM
New Community Member

We received the new chip card reader.  No problem with set up.  It will accept swipe and dip, but not tap. Not sure if it will work with Apple Pay, yet.
Any one else have the same issue?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What type of card uses a "tap"?

I wasn't aware that it should accept "tap" cards.  It accepts cip cards, contactless NFC cards/devices, and swipes.

I did notice the display on the device does use the word "tap"; I think it means the NFC cards and devices which communication with the device simply by placing near the device, not tapping.  I don't have a NFC card or device so I haven't tried it.

Login to Me Too

inolepehc
Contributor
Contributor

i think the OP meant 'contactless'.  i'm having the same problem.  it ALWAYS decline the transaction.  Fortunately, i still have the old reader and whenever i run into that problem, i have to switch readers and then swipe the card.  not a big deal, at least until now.  luckily, not even one customer have asked me to pay with apple pay.  AND, i am not on the latest version of paypal here so i don't know if that will make a difference, it's been working fine except for that little detail so i'm afraid to update and brake something 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.