Check Capture images disappeared from iphone mobile app after update

jb510
Contributor
Contributor
I recently updated to the new PayPal iOS app (which while I usually like change, I like much less than the old app). The problem I'm having is I use check capture a lot and when I look at my history on my iphone app I no longer can see the saved images of the checks prior to updating the app. Without these images I have no way of knowing which check capture goes with which client/invoice. I'm now getting netcheck notices of these checks clearing into my paypal account but have no idea whIch checks are which. Many occur on the same date and for the same amount. It appears for new captures (made after the app update) these images are still being saved, but where can I find them for checks captured before the update and clearing after the update? I read the change log on the update before upgrading and it didn't say anything about losing history.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jb510,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.  I'll make sure our mobile team hears about this.

Customer service will need to help you determine which deposit goes with each check.  We do have the ability to look up each check in our system.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jb510,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.  I'll make sure our mobile team hears about this.

Customer service will need to help you determine which deposit goes with each check.  We do have the ability to look up each check in our system.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

NaeNae78
New Community Member

I tried using the Add Money from Checks feature for the first time last week and am quite worried about the check I tried to add. After successfully capturing the check image (front and back), I could see the check in a pending status on my account the very next day. However, now it's nowhere to be found in my account. A very unhelpful person I spoke with on the phone told me it would never show up in my account until it either processed or was rejected (which is untrue since I did see it as pending for a day). I'm just wondering if there's a way to see the status of this check add right now, or if something was broken in the update and it will be fixed. I'd like to use this feature for my state tax return check I just received, but am hesitant to do so until I know if it's going to actually work or not. I'm using an iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1 and PayPal mobile app version 4.0.3.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

ERSolutionScam
Contributor
Contributor

Check Capture on Mobile is down for everyone.

But when it works, Pending check captures are ONLY visible on the phone.  Pending checks never appear on your computer PayPal account until the checks clear and are posted.  There are no  indications at all on your computer paypal account that there are checks pending, so don't bother looking.

Yes, that's dumb, but that's how it works (when it works).

Login to Me Too

davidxlai
Contributor
Contributor

this app has not been working for a while on iOS. I tried again and again but am getting an error like others. So, the check capture feature is not working at all.

Login to Me Too

jb510
Contributor
Contributor

Davidxlai, like NaeNae78, you should probably post a new thread about your problem since yours isn't related to old check images not showing up after upgrading and this problem, mine, has already been marked resolved.

Login to Me Too

OneHndClapin
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

I've been a long time user of PayPal but have just recently begun using the mobile app.  This morning I decided to try adding a couple of checks I've received, made out to my business name, and keep getting an error saying "A problem occurred with adding a check.  Please try again later." 

I'm trying to figure out what the error might be.  Is it the check?  The app?  Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Webcubus
New Community Member

I'm on Android and I've been having similar problems over the last couple days.  I go to "Add Funds from Check" and it says "Unable to get check transaction list. Request Failed".

Login to Me Too

buzzable
Contributor
Contributor

Same here with iPhone app

Login to Me Too

Audioposting
New Community Member

I have been having the same problem since Friday (4/6).  I have called Paypay twice, been transferred to five differnet people and finally a voice mailbox.  Now I am playing the game of emailing back and forth to text suport with a response about every 24 hours.  VERY frustrating.  I'm curious to see if anyone finds a solution. Paypal doesn't seem to have one. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.