Canceling Paypal Credit

WillieChen
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a paypal credit account on accident. I was wondering what types of fees I might be charged for using the credit. I was also wondering how I could cancel the account. Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

seacrest12
Contributor
Contributor

i did the same thing, you have to call paypal to cancel account. I did but then i decided to keep it because of the differed payment options and they don't report to the credit bureau. The only fees there are is interest at 19.99% and late payment fees

Login to Me Too

WillieChen
Contributor
Contributor

So I get charged for 19.99% of the credit I use and if I don't use the credit there's no charges?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Hi WillieChen,

You can use PayPal Credit on purchases at thousands of stores that accept PayPal. It’s also available for purchases on eBay and exclusively at thousands of other online stores.

You’ll have the option to make no payments for 6 months, on qualifying purchases. You will receive monthly statements and can make payments at any time. As long as you pay in full by the promotion expiration date, you will not be billed interest for that purchase. If you do not pay in full, interest will be calculated from the posting date (which is usually within a few days after the purchase date) and will be billed to your account.

There is no fee for having a PayPal Credit account.  The Annual Percentage Rate for standard purchases and cash advances on a PayPal Credit line is 19.99%, although some special offers have a lower, promotional APR. The Minimum Interest Charge is $2.00. Of course, you can choose to pay your entire balance by the payment due date to avoid interest charges.

I hope that helps!

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

sb41

i have had trouble trying to purchase gift card from walmart even know it says i have 500 credit availabe, also it wouldnt let me send anything to family or friends. why.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.