Cancel/Deactivate PayPal (Business) Debit MasterCard

Nickm2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys! I have the PayPal Debit MasterCard. I literally haven't used the card once since I received it. I want to cancel the card off of my account completely. I know I can deactivate the card by reporting it as lost/stolen and then just destroy the card, but it is still possible to reactivate the same card. I want to completely cancel the card off of my account, so that even if someone managed to get the card (or its numbers) it couldn't be used for my account in any way shape or form. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Nickm2,

I understand that you are no longer interested in using your PayPal Debit MasterCard. To remove this card from our system, you must report that card as lost or stolen. You can do so by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal debit card under your PayPal balance.
  3. Click Report a lost or stolen card.
  4. Click Deactivate now.

Please note that this action cannot be reversed. If you report this card as lost/stolen and are interested in requesting a new card in the future, you would need to re-apply. Please also know that there is no cost to use your PayPal Debit MasterCard for purchases and that some purchases are eligible for cash back.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Nickm2,

I understand that you are no longer interested in using your PayPal Debit MasterCard. To remove this card from our system, you must report that card as lost or stolen. You can do so by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal debit card under your PayPal balance.
  3. Click Report a lost or stolen card.
  4. Click Deactivate now.

Please note that this action cannot be reversed. If you report this card as lost/stolen and are interested in requesting a new card in the future, you would need to re-apply. Please also know that there is no cost to use your PayPal Debit MasterCard for purchases and that some purchases are eligible for cash back.

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

lisamgreene
New Community Member

I want to cancel deactivate my paypal debit mastercard, but don't see a link to it under my paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

PapaRatzy
New Community Member

I followed Ashley's advice for reporting a PayPal Debit card stolen by logging in.  However, under PayPal Balance I only see Banks and Cards.  Clicking on that, the PayPal Debit card is not listed and I don't see an option to report the card lost, either.  I need better instructions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi lisamgreene and PapaRatzy,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced while attempting to cancel/deactivate your PayPal Debit MasterCards and would be happy to assist you further.

The link to your PayPal Debit MasterCard is located directly below your PayPal balance information. I have included a screenshot outlining this link below:

PayPal Balance.png

Once you select your PayPal Debit Card, you will then be taken to a page where you can select to 'report a lost or stolen card'.

PayPal Balance 2.png

I hope this information helps! If not, please feel free to reach out to us directly for additional assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

Ezgoinguy
New Community Member

I did as you said and now it is sending me a new card.  I just don't need to activate correct?  I wasn't asking for a replacement.

Login to Me Too

siasil
New Community Member

I am trying to remove an additional card from my account and I did the same as suggested above, and paypal sent me a new card. Now I have two valid cards again. I want to cancel one so it cannot be used as the previous poster is also trying to do. Please help us resolve this dilemma! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi siasil

If you are interested in having a debit card cancelled, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service teams at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Ezgoinguy,

That's correct. Also, you can reach out to our customer service teams anytime to have your cards cancelled by calling 1-888-221-1161 or by reaching out to us on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

Prebo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi AshleyP

For some reason I cannot find where to apply for a mastercard on the new platform, is this discontinued?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.