Can't set permissions on Student Account

namtran101
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot enable any of the permissions on the student account like: Shop Online, Send Money, Transfer Money, and Quick Cash Text Messages. When I check the settings, they revert to the old ones after I save. I found the old thread related to this one, but that was archived so I made a new one. 

For the engineers: 

The Student Account was opened on Sep 18, 2011

A Student Card Was Issued A few Days later.

The Student Card was lost about 2 months ago.

A new card was issued about 2 months ago.

Student Card Purchases Still Work.

Automatic Payments set before the problem still work.

PayPal says the setting update was successful.

Settings that are enabled can be disabled and renabled without problems.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

namtran101
Contributor
Contributor

namtran101
Contributor
Contributor

PAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Don't hold your breath.  I've had the same problem with my daughter's account for over eight months.  My son's account was fine until a couple of months ago.  I think it's pretty clear there are not enough of us with this issue to warrent any effort from PayPal.  When I contact PayPal I get a canned answer that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. 

Login to Me Too

tecthai

@PAJ wrote:

Don't hold your breath.  I've had the same problem with my daughter's account for over eight months.  My son's account was fine until a couple of months ago.  I think it's pretty clear there are not enough of us with this issue to warrent any effort from PayPal.  When I contact PayPal I get a canned answer that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. 

That's not cool, not to complain or anything... Can any of the admins give us an update that has some details in it?

Login to Me Too

LLR
Contributor
Contributor

I was told this issue has only been going on "for a week or so".  Smiley Sad   Why not just tell us this has been going on for months ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.