Can't login on www.paypal-prepaid.com. Error message.

di4mond
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to use the debitcard Paypal offers on paypal-prepaid.com

However, when I try to login on PayPal-Prepaid.com, I'll get this error:

You have encountered the following error(s):

• We are unable to log you in at this time. If you are a new user please register online.

How can this be fixed?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

countrypckrs
Contributor
Contributor

We havent been able to login for like 48 hours now. Cstmr service rep apologized right & left but says its a widespread problem. He can't help, transfer funds or tell us when PayPal will have this 'error' fixed. Funny, when they want 'thier $$" they have NO problem getting it from us.

Any one got any answers or time line on this problem?

Login to Me Too

lvnv
Contributor
Contributor

garynielsen
New Community Member
I cannot log in to my paypal pre paid MSTERCaRD ( the blue one that says paypal on it ) Yes vBulletin I try to access it via paypal to transfer funds to my card in real time . Instant transfer .. just as I do most every dsy. Without problems ... till recently it cimes up dhowing netspend and visa website half the time which is not my card .. or it gives ne sn error message cannot lig in at this time. Several ca lls to both pay psl and paypal prepaid hs ve done zero exvept waste hours of my time arguing with habeeb and haji babba at the call center somewhere vlueless snd unable to explsin why their card a nd its website sre broken snd no idea when it will work if ever a gain . Pretty much told wait forty eight hours. Maybee they can fix it .. it hss now been a week I need my money from paypal l now .. in real time . Transferred to my card now like always . Clearly a int gonna hsppen . Paypal prepaid and netspend **bleep** they are incompetant. Gotta try a new wsy to transfer money. They clearly are not a good choice. I had to laugh the motond actuslly asked if I would direct deposit my paycheck with their card @ they can't hand le relisble access to my measly paypal money they would think id let them hsndle my paycheck too ? Lol
Login to Me Too

lvnv
Contributor
Contributor

Well ... it's happened to me again too.  After 3 months SAME PROBLEM AGAIN!

I will be documenting all my calls to paypal/prepaid on this forum again.

CALL #1 Of course the first rep gives me the run a round can not give me a definate answer.

I ask heim when the problem will be fixed. He tells me the have "no defunate time frame" as to when it will be fixed.

I find it hard to imagine that a multi-billion dollar company like paypal, has no idea when there tech people will fix the problem

I explained that i had he same problem had happened before 3 months ago, and that i was told a lot of different stories until I spoke with a supervisor.  When I asked rep number when this problem started again, he said it started on the night of the 15th of May.  When I told him I was documenting all this on the paypal cummunity help forums and that folks had been complaining about the problem since the 6th,  he (as predicted) didnt know anything about it.  I asked to be put through to a supervisor ... after being on hold for close to 30 minutes I hung up and called back
CALL#2

This time when I call, the recording tells me me card number is invalid!,, Less than an hour after I called when it was valid!

I get Rep #2 on the phone, and she tels me my card is fine, but that I was told that by the recording because they're site is "going through an upgrade" I ask how long until I can log in Rep number 2 tells me to wait 24-48 hours and call back if there is a problem.  Sound familiar? Same crap they were feeding me 3 months ago!

IMHO ...Paypal is waisting huge amounts of payroll on idiot offshore customer reps who are completely useless.

Will post follow up after I make the next call tonight.

Login to Me Too

rainysummers
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I am having the same problem and I am kind of glad it isn't only me because now I know I might not have as much trouble as you did in your other posts, This problem really affects me because I am totally broke until this gets fixed, I make my money on ebay and I go every morning and transfer over $10 or whatever I need so I can drive to the next town  and drop my son off at daycare so when I couldn't log in yesterday I couldn't take him to daycare because I knew I didn;t have enough gas in my car , also the card is in my husbands name because I took over his ebay account since he had it longer and had more benefits that i would have to wait months for if I started my own so I had to have him call when he had time which was a pain in itself SO anyway the point is I just got off the phone with them and they told me a completly different thing than they did you which concerns me, they told me that it is the site that is down and that it will be working at 8pm central time which is 11pm my time in florida, even when i said so it should be working by tommorrow morning he corrected me again and said no by tonight at 8 so he sounded totally sure that it would be up and working tonight. Not sure why they told you they didn't know a time and then 24-48 hours, thats concerning, anyway just letting you know you're not alone.

Login to Me Too

countrypckrs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi rainysummers. Thanks for sharing your post cuz atleast your were told a 'time' and we can relate too. Need and count on that money we earn from Ebay & my vintage site. Really terrble that a big company like this can 'shut down'. SOunds like its happening more often too. Any ideas out there on other new upcoming 'online pay/money' companies in case PP can't handle thier load?

Login to Me Too

TylerAlan
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I just got my card two weeks ago, this is really ridiculous. I like the options this has, and I like being able to transfer money from paypal to it, but seriously, this is giving me a really bad feeling. Can't log in, when I call it says there's an error. I had just two hundred bucks loaded out of my paycheck the first time as I wanted to test it. I submitted a new request to payroll for 90% to go in, so now I'm a bit nervous I won't be able to access the money when it hits.

Paypal, this is ridiculous

Login to Me Too

4DragonsMedia
Contributor
Contributor

I tried also to login and do an instant transfer from my paypal-prepaid account and it just won't let me in.  I immediately called the Customer Service number and was told by someone who spoke english with a spanish accent that it wasn't me, it was them.  Was told to hang on for 24 hours and try to login every 3 hours and I should be good.  It's been 24 hours + and no change in my ability to log in. 

I saw when I logged into Paypal.com today that the entire system had changed, for the better I might add. My assumption for now is that this is a huge upgrade and they are pulling people off in sections so maybe the outage isn't realized 'all of a sudden' and 'all over the planet at once'.  At least, that's the way i'd do it if I were going to interrupt a service they overzealously charge for and expect prompt payment for, yet can't send me a text message if i'm gonna be knowingly pulled offline by their own accord.  Horrible decision making, i'm sure it's George Bush's fault.

If I am however mistaken, questions still remain:

1. Was my account compromised somehow?
  2. Was I hacked?
  3. Was Paypal or Paypal-prepaid hacked and there is a cover-up?

These are serious questions and speak to the safety of all of your money and the integrety of the system that it is transacted in.  It also begs the question if Paypal has put itself in an actionable position.

Login to Me Too

boomdiada
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I found this forum, because now I see it's not just me.

This is annoying, they're basically holding my gas money hostage.

Login to Me Too

GeorgeNY1984
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting- not only I am not the only one affected by this event, but it also appears that this is NOT an isolated incident either. It is actually a recurring event and one that Paypal somehow fails to fix. I thought this Paypal prepaid card was better than their other offerings, many of which are controlled by offshore Banks/ entities..I was mistaken however, and this will be the last time I am using this card. Dependability affects trust and Paypal has disappointed me once again. It is irrelevant whether they will fix this today or tomorrow - all that matters is that at a time of need, their service has prevented me and many others from having access to money THAT WE OWN! And that, is simply unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.