Can't login on www.paypal-prepaid.com. Error message.

di4mond
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to use the debitcard Paypal offers on paypal-prepaid.com

However, when I try to login on PayPal-Prepaid.com, I'll get this error:

You have encountered the following error(s):

• We are unable to log you in at this time. If you are a new user please register online.

How can this be fixed?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Delete your browser's cookies, temp files and history.   Then close your web browser, reopen and retry.  Should that not work, try a different web browser or computer.

One note, the site may be having issues.  Just tried this link:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/prepaid-debit-card/applyNow.m?AID=P_SEM_Google&mid=s5bWPJRQm;33338604...

Was not loading, suggest waiting a bit.

Login to Me Too

lvnv
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the exact same problem.
The whole refresh your browser and wait does not work. 
I have tied refreshing, deleting and reinstalling firefox,
I have downloaded and tried safari, and opera.
None of which worked.
Then I tried logging in from my cell phone, no luck.
After I try to log in,  I am redirected to a page goes blank and freezes.
I hit refresh and the error message shows up.
I have contacted paypal on the phone six times so far.
*CALL # 1, made 7 days ago) The first rep I called had me go through the refresh my browser trick, no luck.
Then she had me try to sign in try to register the card again,  (as if i hadn't tried those things before i even called), still no luck.
I told her I would delete and reload my browser and call her back if there was a further problem.
CALL # 2 Called back and was told by second rep ……. After having to explain problem again, this rep wants me to try the refresh the browser/try to register again nonsense,
and I do just to show him what I already know.  In the end he he tells me its my compute its on my end not theirs and that I to go to another computer and try to log in.
Of course when I do, it doesn't work either or else I wouln't be posting this now.
CALL #3 After expaing everything again, I was told by the third rep to go buy new card, at which I asked him if it will create a problem
 and he laughed and said noway.  Well that only complicated matters … just as I thought it would.
I tried entering my information, for the new card, and go an error message saying I already have a card linked. Then I tied to by a $1.00 cant bar, to use the $10 I loaded on it,
and it was declined!   (thank you for making me waist that $14.95 Mr. paypal rep # 3)
CALL #4  Once again, I had to explain to this everything that had happened up to that point.
Was told by rep # 4,  he had made notes to my account and escalated it to the Tech department and to what 24-48 hours for them to fix it.
I tried logging in 36 hours later. Not fixed. Still the same error message.  
CALL #5 … The initial rep on the phone knew nothing of what was going on with my account, and said he saw no notes of it being sent to the tech department.
He begins to ask me to go through the whole refresh the browser and try to sign in process, I insisted on being put throughout to the tech department.  After a long hold,
the next rep that picks up informs me he is not in the tech department, but takes all my information and convinces me he has been in contact with the tech department via email, while I was on hold
and that I should give them the rest of the 48 hours to fix the problem.
He then tells me  I should wait  6 - 8 more hours and try to login to account, if there is a problem wait another 24 hours try to log in again and then
call them if there is still a problem.
Well,  I waited the 6-8 hours and tried logging in just now. Still the same error code.
I will do a follow up to this post tomorrow after call them.

Login to Me Too

sybaris
New Community Member
I'm having this exact same problem that you are. When I try to login I put my username and password to login, It redirects me to another page that is white. One time while I was centner waiting for the page to upload an hour and a half later it showed up but there was no pictures and all the links were cramped up to one side of the screen making it impossible to read Because all the links texts were laying on top of each other. Same as you I was directed to a tech but I have not heard a single word about it and I'm supposed be calling back within the next two days. Makes me mad because no matter what computer I use if it's a Windows/Mac my computer someone else's computer it still gives me the same result, White screen.. Grr!! Please do if you hear anything or something that resolved this problem please let us know.. Thanks for sharing your info I thought it was only happening to me with this problem not able to login.
Login to Me Too

lvnv
Contributor
Contributor

Well I gave them more time than they asked, I have waited 4 days and of course when i tried to log in … still not fixed.

I received an email saying that my new paypal card is in the mail,  i was never told by any rep that they would be sending me a new car, but I'm guess this is how they resolved the problem or it's another nonsense stall tacit.

After being on hold for a while,  I asked the rep about this, and  just as I expected,  she could not give me a concrete answer about anything.

I decided to read her my post above to bring up to speed, and either the phone dropped the call or she hung up on me.

Login to Me Too

lvnv
Contributor
Contributor

CALL#7 or 😎 After asking the rep to look at my account,  this rep tells me that a request was put in on the 20th, and then it was updated when i called on the 22nd now on the 27th, she tells me that there are no updates at the time.
I ask to be put through to a supervisor,
after being  put on hold this time for 20 minutes i have the supervisor Wilson on the phone.
Now, this guy is on the ball, and gets it figured out.
He explained that, the new card was rejected at first but them someone at paypal-prepaid took a look at it and approved it the next day. And that the new card that was mailed out will correct all the problems.  He was a very sharp guy and even gave me his agent ID to get back in touch with him.
We tried to start to re-link the new card (using that temp I bought) but I had to get back to work so I told him that I'd do it later on when the real card arrives.
Many thanks to Wilson! For getting it done even when I lost my cool!
I will do one more post here, after everything is completed.
Hope this helps others getting the same error message.
BTW This did start on my end, I was the one who tangled it up.  I had a personal and premiere account, after linking my paypal prepaid debit card to my personal account, I decided I didn't need both, so I closed my personal account and updated all my info on my premiere account, (email, phone, and pp debit card) after that is when the login problems started.
Rep #3 was right in that you can only link one card to one account.  If it hadn't been declined at first, and some of the reps had made notes on my account, a lot of headaches could have been avoided.

Login to Me Too

kste
New Community Member

I'mhavingthe same problem as you. I keepcalling and calling AND CALLING!!!!, They keep telling me that they are aware of the issue. That been 3 weeks now. And i'm still waiting. You get no where with the Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Call Us" o nobody knows how to help!!!!! I'm really frigg'n frustrated with it. If you figured it out let me know thanks kste

Login to Me Too

Tiny36
New Community Member
I do have experienced the same problem. I need to transfer my money from their feature savings to the card but I can't login. What did you do to solve this problem? I have tried any browser, my ipad, computer but still it doesn't work?
Login to Me Too

Bryan_Rebelliom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the problem right now. I don't know what happened. I went to login so I can check my funds on my card and the message popped up saying "We are unable to log you in at this time.". I'm now getting frustrated and I know calling them won't solve the issue and I really need help........ 😞

Login to Me Too

unclebob112
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's an issue with their site given the both of you above me can't login and I also can't login.

Idiots of the phone won't ever tell you they are having a problem of course. Hopefully its fixed soon or they acknowledge the issue!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.