Bill me later

Thorkim
New Community Member

I have a Paypal account, but my husband does not.  He got a letter from Bill Me Later in the mail saying that he had applied for a Bill Me Later account for a $99.00 purchase in mid-June.  My husband's name is not on my paypal account, but is on the bank account info.  I have not used  Paypay in some time and verified no activity has been done in June.  My bank account is OK.  We filed chapter 13 bankruptcy 2 year ago and would not apply for such a service (I didn't know what it was!)and the letter from Bill Me Later said we were declined (no surprise, but we didn't apply).  Could this be identity theft?  The letter came directly in the US mail to my husband (my name was not on the letter) and indicated our credit score.  We did not request any of this.  Any ideas if we should be worried?  I work for our state attorney general's office and intend to go to our consumer protection department with this.  Nothing seems to have been taken from any of our accounts, but we didn't request this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.