Bill Me Later can't authorize your payment due to the information you provided.

saykinriseo
Contributor
Contributor

So I opened up a BML account last month.  It was working fine.  I was approved for $500 CL and spent about $100 or so on several purchases.  Had no payments no interest for 6 months on those.  Everything went through fine.  Bought another $100 or so of stuff.  Even did a cash back offer.  All went through without a hitch.  Then, tried to buy printer ink from HP on a cash back offer.  And got...

"Bill Me Later cannot authorize this transaction with the information you provided."

OK, double checked my information (triple checked my information) all was well.  Still denied.  I haven't had to make a payment yet, so I haven't been late on any payments.  Checked my credit on Credit Karma and it's actually better than when I first applied for BML.

Tried to buy the ink without the cash back option.  Denied.  Completely signed out of BML and went to HP website to order ink. Denied. Tried buying ink from Wal Mart instead. Denied. Is it possible it froze up because I tried too much? Changed my contact info to all caps with no punctuation to make it easier to "get my information right". Denied.

Send a secure message to BML and got a response that in no way explained or rectified anything. To paraphrase it said the error message I received was because I didn't enter my information in correctly. GRRRRR! That's what I emailed about in the first place. I don't need an email to repeat MY email!

Anyone else relate to this? Still haven't heard back from BML but it's only been a day and today is a holiday. Can I expect resolution to this or should I just forget about BML as a payment option for the foreseeable future?

EDIT: Received another email from BML that was EXACTLY the same as the first one! Verbatim! Do they try to make customers angry at BML? Like the Notre Dame football sign "Play Like A Champion Today".  BML's sign is "Make Everyone You Come In Contact With Angry Today."

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

saykinriseo
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I have to admit that it was a little frustrating getting this messsage. However, I did call BML and got a person on the line fairly quickly. They had frozen my account because they couldn't verify it was me making the purchases and thought it seemed suspicious. I had bought a few items from the computer at work. I'm actually glad they flagged it in case someone was trying to make fraudulent puchases. After talking with them for only about 5 minutes, they asked me some verification questions and I haven't had a problem since. All in all very simple solution and, while frustrating, I was able to purchase again within about 10 minutes after getting off the phone with them. Very helpful and courteous. I would strongly suggest NOT to email them though. That gets you absolutely nowhere. Overall, I'm still very satisfied with BML.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

saykinriseo
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I have to admit that it was a little frustrating getting this messsage. However, I did call BML and got a person on the line fairly quickly. They had frozen my account because they couldn't verify it was me making the purchases and thought it seemed suspicious. I had bought a few items from the computer at work. I'm actually glad they flagged it in case someone was trying to make fraudulent puchases. After talking with them for only about 5 minutes, they asked me some verification questions and I haven't had a problem since. All in all very simple solution and, while frustrating, I was able to purchase again within about 10 minutes after getting off the phone with them. Very helpful and courteous. I would strongly suggest NOT to email them though. That gets you absolutely nowhere. Overall, I'm still very satisfied with BML.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi saykinriseo, and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for coming back to share your resolution! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lisanhearts
New Community Member

what number did you call for bill me later?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.