will paypal automatically charge my credit card or debit from my bank?

marcoharder
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I live in the Philippines and one buyer has asked for a refund. I dont want to give him a refund since the item got damaged by shipping and improper handling from his end once it got to him. However PayPal has decided to award him a refund once he sends back the item. I dont want the item back since he already damaged it. I have two Philippine credit cards and 2 Philippine bank accounts linked to Paypal. Will they be automatically charged/debited when they issue the buyer a refund?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

According to PayPal's policy, items damaged in transit as you've mentioned is covered by the PayPal buyer protection. It is the seller's job to cover the shipment with insurance so that in case of damage, the seller can use the insurance from the courier to cover the cost of the item.

Regarding the refund, PayPal will take it from the PayPal balance first then to the linked bank account. If you have insufficient funds for both accounts, your balance will be in negative and your account will be limited or suspended depending on the value of the negative amount.

Login to Me Too

marcoharder
Contributor
Contributor

Right now my balance is showing a negative balance. Will Paypal then charge my credit card or my bank automatically if the balance is negative? Or will it ask me to confirm that I authorize them to take an amount from either my linked CC or bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.