why was i charge a fee when a friend sent me money?

cornwr1e
Contributor
Contributor

A friend sent me 454 and Paypal charged me fee of 16.11. Why? Just 2 weeks prior another friend sent 318.94 and no fee was charged. I don't get it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @cornwr1e,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about an unexpected fee. If the sender selected to send the payment as a goods or services payment, then a fee would be applied to the payment. If you would like to refund the payment, the majority of the fee (everything except for the fixed portion) will be returned. The person can then resend the payment as a friends and family payment and the receiving account will not pay any fees.

If there is any exchange of goods or services, even if it's a friend buying them, the goods or services selection would be appropriate.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.