we do not allow you to add a phone number that is not registered in your name. why?????

amy20014
Contributor
Contributor

hey, i get this error when i try to send money on paypal For your security, we do not allow you to add a phone number that is not registered in your name.

why am i getting this???????? i havent linked my Bank account or Credit car,  just problems with paypal....................... this makes me so mad...

why paypal why?????  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amy20014

Err because to verify you, you need to have a phone in your own name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amy20014

Err because to verify you, you need to have a phone in your own name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rseasmands
Contributor
Contributor

So your only solution is to get your phone number in your own name if you have a family plan or a employer provided phone number then paypal is not for these consumers? Are you saying paypal is discriminating against families and government employed users whos name will never be on their phone bill under sero circumstances? Shame on you paypal just by searching this topic i have seen how many people have been affected and hope 100% of them do not ever use your service ever again.

Login to Me Too

natofborg
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't I be verified in another way? send a message to my email for confirmation....I have $100 in my Paypal account that I cannot access because my phone is in my husband's name.

Login to Me Too

Lvl70_RedPanda
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi there!

PayPal's goal is to verify your identity in order to keep your account and financial information safe. If the phone number isn't registered in your name it doesn't help us verify your identity.

Login to Me Too

linxinyuan
New Community Member

In fact, PayPal doesn't even check the name with the phone number. I can verify my account with the phone under my mother's name. The only reason you can't use the number is that someone used your number with his PayPal account, and that person doesn't use PayPal anymore which means that the person will not update his phone number anymore. So your number is under his name and can't be used anymore. The only solution is talking to the PayPal super adviser to let them register the phone number to your name. If someone tells you that Paypal checks the public record of the phone number, they are lying. Paypal doesn't check public record, but their internal system. 

Login to Me Too

suscurran
Contributor
Contributor
My phone number is registered in my name but Paypal still won't accept it. This issue is way too large; needs to be another way. I call customer service weekly to conduct transactions.
Login to Me Too

riddleme1502
Contributor
Contributor

As for me my phones are in my name yet PayPal doesn't seem to agree and I continue to have the same irritating problem with verifying my phone even though I have faxed every piece of information to PayPal to prove who I am. Every time I call or email I am continuously told my account is restored and I can use it but something still doesn't click on the PayPal and and nope I can't use my account and it still won't verify my number. I would love for PayPal to fix this issue because I promise whatever your going to tell me to do I have already done more then once 

Login to Me Too

riddleme1502
Contributor
Contributor

This is stupid. I have already done all the needed actions paypal has asked me for including emailing documents like my social, bank statement. and a current credit card statement and yet it is still not allowing me to add a phone number when in fact the number provided is registered in my name. I have even called and talked to a customer service rep and this issue is still occurring. How did anyone get this mess fixed? I'm beyond irritated.

Login to Me Too

suscurran
Contributor
Contributor
Customer service guy told me it cannot be resolved. You just have to call them every time to override.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.