verified invoices - selling a camera

jgolds31
New Community Member

I'm selling a (relatively) expensive camera on Craigslist and have a couple of interested buyers. One of whom is suggesting that I send a PayPal Invoice request to him (once I send the camera to the address he provides).

Is there a method to use PayPal in which I can ensure I get paid and receive the funds in full before or immediately after I ship out my camera? I want to make sure I'm protected here, and that once the camera leaves my hands, that I'm paid and not at risk.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As the seller, you send an invoice that includes the item details, the buyer then clicks to pay, is taken to the PayPal Checkout Screens and pays.  After you have the money in your PayPal Account Balance, you then ship the item - make sure you enter the tracking number in the shipping details in your account activity.   (You may also want to insure the item - optional on your part).    If the buyer suggests anything that is different for you to do, that may be a red flag !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.