use ebay gift card to pay PayPal invoice?

gcmjackson
New Community Member

Can I use an eBay giftard to pay a PayPal imvoice?

I tried and PayPal says "card not activated" when I enter thr card "coupon code" to pay the PayPal invoice. But the gift card paper reciept for says "actived". And wheyn i check the eBay gift card balance on ebay-giftcar-balance-chceck-website . . .  it shows the full $280 balance on it.

please advise thx

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Uh, shouldn't eBay gift cards be valid for use only on eBay?  They are not universal gift cards that you can use anywhere.

"The Gift Card is not a credit, debit, or charge card. No implied warranties attach to it."

"The Gift Card may only be used for purchases on ebay.com when PayPal is accepted."

http://pages.ebay.com/giftcard/terms_conditions.html

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

ebay giftcards can only be used for ebay transactions. youcannot use it for paying invoices.

Login to Me Too

nansta123
New Community Member

Mine is doing the very same thing! I have 2 ebay gift cards that I got for christmas because I used to shop on here..I used to have a pay pal account on here as well..I just won 3 items from 2 different people and obviously it went through..but I still check the balance of my ebay gift cards and its still the same!  and I know I have no money in my pay pal!  Last year of 2016, I had no problem redeeming my ebay gift cards, now there isnt a place to redeem them..they ask for a pay pal account first and a place to check your balance on your gift cards!  HELP HELP HELP

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just use it on ebay 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.