sending /money

bet30
Contributor
Contributor

How do I use my PayPal credit to send money to my self?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As sending money to yourself is not a feature of this product, one possible work around would be to send the money to someone you trust (friend or family member, etc.), once they receive the funds, they could then send the funds back to you.  There are a few things to consider - the receiver must have or be able to create a PayPal Account.  On your end via your PayPal Account you would enter the recipient’s email address or phone number, amount, and transaction type.  Click Change to select PayPal Credit as your payment method, then confirm your payment details. Your transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement.  Because you're using PayPal Credit to send money, a flat fee of 2.9% + $.30 US dollars (USD) per transaction is included in your payment total.  This is the same fee you would pay when you use a debit or credit card to send money through PayPal.   Keep in mind, these fees add up - for example, you send $500, your fee would be $14.50 + $.30 = $14.80 for that transaction alone.  Then there's the PayPal Credit interest rate and any other applicable fees that would be applied to your PayPal Credit Account to consider (i.e. Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 19.99%, Minimum Interest charges, late fees, etc.). 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As sending money to yourself is not a feature of this product, one possible work around would be to send the money to someone you trust (friend or family member, etc.), once they receive the funds, they could then send the funds back to you.  There are a few things to consider - the receiver must have or be able to create a PayPal Account.  On your end via your PayPal Account you would enter the recipient’s email address or phone number, amount, and transaction type.  Click Change to select PayPal Credit as your payment method, then confirm your payment details. Your transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement.  Because you're using PayPal Credit to send money, a flat fee of 2.9% + $.30 US dollars (USD) per transaction is included in your payment total.  This is the same fee you would pay when you use a debit or credit card to send money through PayPal.   Keep in mind, these fees add up - for example, you send $500, your fee would be $14.50 + $.30 = $14.80 for that transaction alone.  Then there's the PayPal Credit interest rate and any other applicable fees that would be applied to your PayPal Credit Account to consider (i.e. Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 19.99%, Minimum Interest charges, late fees, etc.). 

Login to Me Too

bet30
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help. It was very helpful!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.