selling on ebay, shipping

elgae
Contributor
Contributor

paypal buyer's address doesn't match Ebays address.

If I use Paypal's address am I still eligible for seller protection?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forums, @elgae! I hope everything is going well for you.

Anyways, if you use the address from PayPal, you won't be eligible for eBays Seller Protection but you will be eligible for PayPal's own seller protection program. And vice versa if you use the address from eBay. Because of this, I only ship my items if the Buyer's address matches on PayPal and eBay - I saw another seller doing this so I decided to do the same without question.

Honestly, I didn't find out about the address situation until just now and, interestingly enough, I recently paid an eBay seller with an address that's different than the address on my PayPal account. Thankfully, it's not an unauthorized transaction so, if I want a refund, I'll do it through eBay. No, I don't know if you're the seller I purchased from.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

elgae
Contributor
Contributor

very helpful, thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.