seller wont ship until 21 days?

igotscammedalot
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought something and paid for it using the goods and services option. the seller says we both have to wait 21 days until he ships the actual item. is this normal or is he trying to scam me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ppal does hold payment for 21 days for people that are new to selling but they still have to ship within 7 days of payment received thats how it works.

I cant say if they are trying to scam u maybe they dont know how ppal works or maybe they are trying to scam u ??

Tell them they have to ship ppal rules.

Keep in touch with them and if they dont respond or keep fobbing u off then thats normally a sign they wont ship

If u dont receive your item within a reasonable time(7 days depending on where its coming from and the postal service) open a dispute for item not received and dont close it until u have received your item or refund and u are happy with the outcome even if they ask u to or promise to ship

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi igotscammedalot

Ppal rules ship within 7 days of payment received.

They are probably new to selling and have the payment on hold because of this

The sooner they ship the quicker their money will be released.

Tell them u are not prepared to wait 21 days

Login to Me Too

igotscammedalot
Contributor
Contributor
But I read for some people that payment is being held by paypal until after 21 days when they release the funds to their account. Is this what he's trying to do or scam me?
Login to Me Too
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ppal does hold payment for 21 days for people that are new to selling but they still have to ship within 7 days of payment received thats how it works.

I cant say if they are trying to scam u maybe they dont know how ppal works or maybe they are trying to scam u ??

Tell them they have to ship ppal rules.

Keep in touch with them and if they dont respond or keep fobbing u off then thats normally a sign they wont ship

If u dont receive your item within a reasonable time(7 days depending on where its coming from and the postal service) open a dispute for item not received and dont close it until u have received your item or refund and u are happy with the outcome even if they ask u to or promise to ship

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.