refund

mcmill22
New Community Member

so i just got a reefund and it went to a card that no longer works what do i do ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome @mcmill22 to the USA PayPal Community Forums (so formal)! If you live in the USA and the card you originally used is a debit card, then it will be sent to the same card or your PayPal balance (it will only be sent to your PayPal balance if the refund can't be applied to your card) up to 30 days - not business days. If you paid with a credit card, then the refund will be sent to the same card (no matter what happens) with the same amount of time frame. However, if the refund was initiated before your original payment cleared your bank, then it would usually take 3 to 5 business days to process and the refund will be credited to your PayPal balance once complete. In your case, @mcmill22, I would recommend contacting the bank that gave you the card to see if you can get a check in the mail, or a different way, to receive your money.

If you live outside of the USA, then you can follow these steps to find the correct information on refund time frames based on your country:

1. Login to your PayPal account.
2. At the bottom of the page, click on "Help & Contact."
3. On the next page, search for "I want a refund. How do refunds work?" and the information will be available there.

However, if the refund was sent to your card and it has completed, then you should still contact your bank on how to receive your money.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.