refund

paul4004
Contributor
Contributor

i was immediatly refunded a payment notification from Paypal

the money has left my bank account immediatly but has not re-appeared yet ? i have made another purchase using paypal from another vendor for the same item this also went immediatly from my bank account as this ammount was £175 its left me short when can i expect to get that money back and does it go back into my bank or sit in my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paul4004

is your refund showing as temp hold

is your refund pending

did you have a paypal email to say a refund was made

is it showing in your activity

how did you FUND the payment from your bank account ie card or bank transfer

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paul4004
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for quick responses

it was a debit card and i had an instant almost email from paypal that the vendor had refunded me and it now showing as a green credit in activity

i was expecting after i read the paypal stuff that a refund would be maqde directly to the card i used but not yet

do i rip into paypal as its so unfair they hold my refund for any length of time up to 30 days its not like its disputed they told me it had been refunded so why cant i have it? after all its my money and its christmas.............paypal get this right or im deleting my account and telling the world how unfair they are !!!!!!!! over to you paypal 48 hrs and counting but i should have to wait any time after you took my money as payment fast , give it me back at the same speed when the payment failed to go through

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paul4004

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is bank transfer and it sounds like instant bank transfer,Paypal never put the refund back into your bank account,it would stay in your PAypal account until you move it yoursefl,

if you have used a debit card,I think itgoes back t o the card,

youmay not see your refund that soon,3-5 days perhaps.

dont be too quick on making another buy,now you have to deposit some money into yourbank account to avoid NSF,or cancel the second order,telling your seller why,he would understand and hoold the item for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.