refund to csnceled credit card how to re-rout refund diff. bank card

geocoop4
New Community Member

I forgot i had to cancel a debit card....the refund is FINALLY sent back from the store i purchased from....now PAYPAL is refunding this to the card that is cancelled!  Myphone is cancelled right now so i can;t call anyone.  is there a way to on my account get it to a different bank and card?????

thanks sorry, old techno challengedn will never order clothes online and now i desperately need that money!  Had emergency, and lost job all at same time

thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

When PayPal refunds money back to a card, the card issuer/bank receives the funds and will post them back to the appropriate account.  If they do not do this, the funds are usually sent back to Paypal.  PayPal will then post them into your PayPal balance.  The bad news is, the process can take 30 days or longer before PayPal gets the funds back.  PayPal recommends you contact your card issuer and let them know a refund was sent to the old card so they can assist you by locating that refund and/or expediting the return of funds. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.