receveing my payment from an ebay person

jiri123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi their I have send my order to the person paypall wanted a proof of tracking number so i sent it with the receipt and it said that my balance should be on my account within few minutes but I didn't receive it
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The emails you are getting are NOT from PayPal.  The sender of the messages is scamming you.

You need to rely on your PayPal account activity, not on messsages from strangers.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jiri123

Oh dear this sounds like a scam.

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you actually sell something?

Do you have a PayPal transaction record for a sale?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You shipped the item out before you got payment or is the payment on 21 day hold by PayPal and you added tracking but PayPal have not released payment yet?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DPCreations

@sharpiemarker

Its a scam, paypal don't say provide a tracking number and then the funds are credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jiri123
Contributor
Contributor
So paypall is scamming me or the User ? ... What do I do because I had a message coming today that it has been approved and the payment should come in 24 hours but its already gone and iv sent the item too
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The emails you are getting are NOT from PayPal.  The sender of the messages is scamming you.

You need to rely on your PayPal account activity, not on messsages from strangers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.