You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to pay you.
Or you can send a money request from your paypal account to their paypal email address for them to pay.
HOWEVER be very careful as lot of scam merchants about. >>>>>>>>>>>>>
1. A lot of scammers encourage you to accept a paypal payment and if you don't have an account ask you to open one.
2. Do not get scammed via spoof emails that look as if they are from paypal.
3. Never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if you are a new seller and subject to the new seller hold the funds would still show in your balance but have pending by them.
4. Do NOT send anything to Nigeria or similar.
5. Do not be fooled by you so called buyer and "paypal" telling you that you either have to >>>
a. Send the item and provide a tracking number BEFORE the funds show in your balance.
b. You have to pay the buyers shipping agent via western union or moneygram before his payment that is supposed to include these costs are credited to you.
6. Do not accept payment for sales using the family / friends option.
7. Remember sellers send invoices and not buyers so if you get an invoice "marked as gift / paid" and saying it won't show in your balance for 24 hours or that your payment can't be the subject of a chargeback.....its a scam.
If in doubt come here and ask and also read up on paypals seller protection first so you can risk assess your transactions.