"money sent - cancelled"

rnorbe2
Contributor
Contributor
A transaction was cancelled bc it was an E heck and they wanted an instant transfer. The transaction says "Money Sent - Canceled" Does this mean the E check was successfully canceled?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rnorbe2

Yes but it may still process from your bank account to paypal > then as it was cancelled it would be credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tiger33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for posting basically the same question again but I don't know what changes could have been made to the cancellation process in the last 5-6 months. I have just encountered the same problem as the OP. I sent a payment to a friends paypal account using bank transfer, it's not for any goods or services, it was just how he wanted me to pay him for my half of the patment for a weekend away. After realising that it was an e-cheque, I cancelled it (it gave me the option to do so and didn't anticipate this problem) and we decided I just pay him in cash.

Just checked my account online and seen that the payment which I thought was cancelled, has been taken from my bank by paypal. However, the funds are not in his paypal account, nor are they in mine but yet still gone from my bank account. So with the cancellation not being as clearly explained as perhaps it should be, I'm now a little over 500 down which is not exactly a small amount, so I am a little worried now as not sure where the funds are right now?

Any advice would be gladly appreciated. Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tiger33

When you cancel an eCheck once initiated it doesn't stop the transfer from your bank to PayPal.  There is no way to stop it. So it will take the few days for the bank to pay the money to PayPal, then when PayPal gets it, it will go into your PayPal Balance, not your recipient since it was cancelled.  Then you'd have to withdraw it back into your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tasharra12
New Community Member

I am currently having the same problem. I recently sent money by echeck but the person cancelled. The money was taken from my bank but I was not refunded the money back on pay pal. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tasharra12

Can take about a week to transfer to paypal who will then credit your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.